New guy, going to Evadale

LCW

Registered
Hey all, just bought a brand new '03 busa on friday, for the sole purpose of 1/4 mile drag racing. I'm crew cheif for my friend's jet dragster (http://outlawjetcar.com/), and as such, tend to do a fair amount of traveling to different tracks in the southwest US and Mexico. We get there early, prep the car, and generally do nothing until it's late and time to do our deal. I'd rather fill that down time having some fun of my own, so I decided a drag bike would be a good way. Fits in the trailer, so no need for a 2nd transport. Well, we'll see.

Most of my street bike experience (ok, all of it) is with Harleys, but since it costs too damn much to make them go fast, I decided to see how the other half lives. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I haven't even sat on the Harley since I got the busa. Hey, I have to break it in, right? :sad:

Unfortunately, I don't have my poop together enough to run it yet, but if anyone's going to Evadale Nov 1, I'd sure like to shoot the poop...
:cool:

Welcome to the board!! Don't expect too much, until you mod it for the track, but it's still the fastest stock bike there!!

you'll get the "busa bug" and never go back to harleys.....the busa will rock your world!!!!!!! good luck...:cool:

welcome...

this is why I got my busa too. Took me a year after riding it before I got the nerve enough to take it to the drags. Once I did, it was over.

2nd time to the track = license passes.
last race of the year = in finals.

if ya ever make it up to Oregon, surely next year since this season is over, let us know.

welcome.gif

welcome...

this is why I got my busa too. Took me a year after riding it before I got the nerve enough to take it to the drags. Once I did, it was over.

2nd time to the track = license passes.
last race of the year = in finals.

if ya ever make it up to Oregon, surely next year since this season is over, let us know.

Very cool cache  :beerchug:

And if we do get any races in Oregon next season, I'll be sure and let you know...

lcw - bring it up to woodburn next chance you get.. some fun racing out here..... including the sportbike champion on a ZX12. He brings his grille, and marinated HAYABUSA WINGS!

:D

Back