New Guy Buying Used Hayabusa

Ghostbear

Registered
hows it going fellas... I have been thumbing through the forums here and have discovered kind individuals with vast knowledge.. and quite a good since of humor :laugh:

my question is should i buy a 08 Hayabusa Stock with 4000 miles on it for 9500 dollars

or

should i buy a 08 Hayabusa with lots of extras and some customization for 10500 with 12k miles that has been babied and never missed a checkup...

:banghead: im stumped... when do these bikes need to be "deadlined" as far as miles are concerned (not very educated with motorcycle mechanics)

I will post pictures of the customized bike in question in a few days... its hard getting a hold of them while I'm here in Iraq :war:

Thanks for the help :beerchug:
~Hunter
31B MP

Im thinking you can find a better deal out there than that. Ive seen them going for $8000.00

Have you checked out our classifieds

Ohhhhhhhhh and

:welcome:

I'd tell them $9,000 out the door (first one)...be firm, give them your number and walk away if they say no. look back and say call me when you want to deal. Leave and wait for a call or hear the salesman go, wait a minute...let's talk.
Kelly's said $9,200 is book value.

from what i can find on the internet as my only source... im pretty much relying on Craigslist.org to find bikes, but ill post picks of this bike to see what you guys think along with the information with all the extras and such as well as warranty info, i would like more knowledge on the mileage cap how far can these beasts go before they die i would much rather have a bike thats been rode than one thats cheaper and has less miles that has been sitting in the car lot for a couple of years with no warrenty..

atleast thats my crazy philosophy :poke:

and as far as more busa's.... they are kinda rare in Greensboro, NC :laugh:

~Hunter

the only thing that makes me jump is that the bike has 12k miles on it if it were stock yes i would tell the guy to bugger off... you'd be crazy to sell a stock bike for 10500, i just have to get a list of the extras and see if that can validate anything

thanks for the instant feedback fellas i do appreciate it

:thumbsup:

~Hunter

Continue to shop around, there are deals to be had and they will just get better as the weather gets worse. Welcome to the oRg!
Posted via Mobile Device

o yeah bro head on a swivel i should be back in the states around oct 2nd which is when i want to get my bike hopefully i can find something a little cheaper that's not stock :please:

~Hunter

thanks racer i posted in the classifieds for the type of bike im looking for hopefully ill get a hit and we will go from there

Thanks

~Hunter

:welcome: to the oRg. Check out the classifieds here for better deals.

It's hard to get your money back for the extras.....

Iraq? Didn't you get the memo? The party has been moved to Afghanistan! :poke:

Like the others have said there are better deals to be had in this economy. Good hunting to ya!

Oh, and :welcome: to the .oRg!

? ghostbear, is this your first bike?

in the military you HAVE to take the MSF Basic rider course to ride on base
the military also has a sportbike specific class, becuase so many soldiers of all the branches die on bikes, more then in combat even.

and a busa is not a begineer bike.

o and the party is still very much going on here in Iraq as well... its last call and they are getting braver

Ramadan has been quite eventful

~Hunter

Back