New gun possibility?

card16969

Registered
So im thinking about buying a Ruger mark III 22/45 and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I know they are a pita to tear down and reassemble as i made the guy at gander mountain show me and he was cussing and swearing lol. I was wondering what your opinions on them are and whether or not i should pull the trigger and buy one. We own 2 smith and wesson 22a pistols and i have shot alot of other 22's. I want a good target gun and was considdering a sig 1911-22 until my friends brand new one cracked the slide the first night out shooting.

If you are looking at the 22/45 also check out the Mark III Hunter. I had a 22/45 and it was nice but the hunter is a tack driver.

If you are looking at the 22/45 also check out the Mark III Hunter. I had a 22/45 and it was nice but the hunter is a tack driver.

I love that gun but its a little out of my price range, im replacing my 22 that remington paid me to replace and they gave me 330 towards it so im looking for under 400.

good guns, if considering other guns id look at the walther p22.

if the 22/45 breaks down like the mark 1,2,3s then they are not too bad to break down once you get the hang of it.

I've got a Mark II that I've had for so long I can't remember.
It is as well a pita to dis/reassemble but it is for the money an extremely accurate pistol.
I've out shot much higher cost pistols with it. Ruger makes a good gun.

Look don't bother with anything but the ruger and the smith M&P 22 or the buck mark.

The 22/45 is easy to break and reassemble if you take the steps in the correct order.
They are extremely reliable and you can get an ULTIMATE CLIP LOADER for it. Also it
has a rail and you can put a red dot on it. The p22 and others have a ZINC slide which
crack. The M&P22 has a machined aluminum slide with steel inserts at stress points.

Also it has a threaded barrel and is my favorite suppressor host.

There is also a new ruger semi auto which looks good but time will tell.

I actaully like the MKII's better than the III's. The III's have a loaded chamber indicator, thumb mag release, and a mag safety. The only thing I really like is the mag release. The mag safety is a pain because you have to put a mag in to pull the trigger, even when tearing down, and the loaded chamber indicator could actually set a round off when it first came out (it has been modified now).

and here is a very old video of me tearing down and re assembling my stainless Government bull barrel MKII in under 30 seconds (without even rushing)
Strip Ruger MKII - YouTube[/url]
now many have a tighter barrel to receiver fit, but this also can be adjusted.

Another Huge fan of the ultimate clip loader, this thing is awesome!!
I don't know anything about a particular seller, but here is the product:
Mcfadden Machine Company Incorporated Clip Loader

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing where your are from, check out guns galore. They may be able to beat ganders price, and you are supporting the local guy.

I've got a Mark II that I've had for so long I can't remember.
It is as well a pita to dis/reassemble but it is for the money an extremely accurate pistol.
I've out shot much higher cost pistols with it. Ruger makes a good gun.

i agree with that about rugers ive owned 3 of them and they are all great guns

Look don't bother with anything but the ruger and the smith M&P 22 or the buck mark.

The 22/45 is easy to break and reassemble if you take the steps in the correct order.
They are extremely reliable and you can get an ULTIMATE CLIP LOADER for it. Also it
has a rail and you can put a red dot on it. The p22 and others have a ZINC slide which
crack. The M&P22 has a machined aluminum slide with steel inserts at stress points.

Also it has a threaded barrel and is my favorite suppressor host.

There is also a new ruger semi auto which looks good but time will tell.

im not worried about the supressor but i didnt know the M&P had the machined slide instead of the pot aluminum that the sig and gsg have. I saw the ultimate clip loader that thing is awesome haha

Seeing where your are from, check out guns galore. They may be able to beat ganders price, and you are supporting the local guy.

yep i love guns galore my buddy works there and we buy most of our guns from him as he gives us prices we cant beat, i just went and looked at gander cause i know they carry them and i wanted to check them out in person as its 20 mins closer than guns galore

Gotcha. Even though it's about an hour drive for me, that's where my first 2 weapons came from.

they are an awesome shop and usually the cheapest guns in the state. I might be buying a mark III 22/45 modded as a pin gun with sights 10 clips holster and a bunch of other stuff from my dads friend that he used to work with for $500

aparently my first post never got approved (still not sure how that works)... lets try this one.

they are not that hard to field strip, here is a very old video of me doing it and reassembling it in 30 seconds.
Strip Ruger MKII - YouTube[/url]

Now a new one will likely be tighter between the receiver and grip, but this can be adjusted to your liking, and since the barrel and receiver don't separate, the receiver to grip does not need to be super tight to keep accuracy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back