new gauges

TJFAST

Registered
The speed hut tech told me to file down the tail on the needle or pointer.The busa gauges need extra clearance so the needle doesn't rub or it will not move. Just want to let every body know before it's too late.

It sticks out too far so take a finger nail file and shave under the tail to give a higher clearance. What did you get on your gauges? Mine are gray with red numbers,flames, and busa emblem.
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

Mine is midnight blue with white lettering and on the speedometer it is GSXR1300 and on the tach it says Hayabusa.

I just got my new guages. Mine have a white face, black numbers, red flames, and HAYABUSA across the top.

I am not real sure how to put them on, the instuctions looked pretty general. Is there any more pointers before I attempt to put them one? Also about how long will should it take. Also what wires should I splice into.

Thanks BOOZER

Go to my post entitled "how to remove the dash", and someone explains how to take the dash off. Basically take the windscreen off and the remove the black surrounding and then I think that there is 4 screws holding the dash in, then two harnesses to detatch and then the dash should be out. I have not done mine yet so not sure how accurate that is. Good luck

I have the black face, red numbers, dragon on the speedo and falcon kanji on the tach.
Have yet too install-

My dash has 2 bolts on the bottom and 2 plastic studs(?) that just pop in on the top. One wire harness in the back just take a screwdriver to push the lever in and pop out the harness. For now I ground the ground wire on one of the bottom dash bolts and just ran the hot to the fuse box. Read the other posts before you install !

I got the grey dial with black numbers. On the tach I have the word "Hayabusa" spelled out and on the speedo I have the kanji. Looks sweet. I will put it on on my next off-day. Any more suggestions regarding installation would be appreciated.

Brian

Did anybody do what I did and ordered the 220 guages instead of the 185 gauges for a 2001 and up busa. There is an additional "nub" at 185 to stop the speedo needle. It appears that I must shave it down to install the gauges. I was wondering if anybody elese is having this problem?

BOOZER

You shouldn't have shaved it Playa!  Just  remove the gauge plate, pop out the unshaved material, get a tooth pic and paint the tip using touch up car paint (any black paint will do)
Then push the tooth pic through the backside of the gauge into the hole where the original pin was mounted till there is a snug fit in the hole then break off .  I've performed this same shindig hookup because I had misplace one of my stop pin

You shouldn't have shaved it Playa!  Just  remove the gauge plate, pop out the unshaved material, get a tooth pic and paint the tip using touch up car paint (any black paint will do)
Then push the tooth pic through the backside of the gauge into the hole where the original pin was mounted till there is a snug fit in the hole then break off .  I've performed this same shindig hookup because I had misplace one of my stop pin
Damn Rhythm, you sure stay on top of your sh^t huh?

Damn Rhythm, you sure stay on top of your sh^t huh?

Yeah, dats cuz I'm alwayz stuck in it.

See.......I hate to say I told ya so.........but...........

That's why I'm not messin with my guages.

Opps .  Yeah that didn't come out right my bad .  Just pull the pin out to remove ,just in case you want to go back to the 185mph.  I personally wouldn't put a 220mph in place of a stock 185 unless I had changed the gearing then adding a yellow box for re-calibration.  Do what I suggested in the early post if you already file it dwn.         Does that make more sense???

Back