New Forum Feature

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay guys you will now see when you are creating a new thread an area that will open up just below the name of the Thread Title. This area will show you post that have similiar titles in hopes of helping folks find threads that are already open and being discussed.

You can see below in the screenshot that I took of an example using the words "changing oil" and then 5 similiar threads popped up and you can see that they have been replied to many times and you can see the date for relevance.

We are hoping to try and connect folks with more accurate data they are looking for in a quicker manner....

Thoughts?

upload_2017-8-7_16-5-20.png

You will also see on the bottom of every thread thre is now 5 links to other threads that are similiar to the content that is in the current thread you are looking at. So, if you are looking at the Bike Pics thread on the bottom of the page will be the links to 5 other threads about bike pics...

try it and let me know how it works..

cap

You will also see on the bottom of every thread there is now 5 links to other threads
that are similar to the content that is in the current thread you are looking at .

So,
if you are looking at
the Bike Pictures thread
on the bottom of the page
will be the links to 5 other threads
about bike pictures . . .

Try it and let me know how it works . . .

cap

As long as you don't mind us replying in those threads ~ some people get all but hurt when we bump up old info .

logo-black.png

Bring them up all you want, there is a lot of knowledge and experience in there those threads that still apply today!

awesome. hey Capt when are the signatures and ability to post pics in sig coming back?

I honestly doubt that sigs will come back, too many people can't keep the rules and I dont have time to police it all. On a good note, the forum stays clean looking and it's easier to see content and real post..

howbout we address the ppl that can't follow the rules vs. punishing all members.

I honestly doubt that sigs will come back, too many people can't keep the rules and I dont have time to police it all. On a good note, the forum stays clean looking and it's easier to see content and real post..

The real question is what is in your signature that has you this passionate, maybe we can go after that..

jus the normal things most ppl want in their Sigs. Pictures of their bike or bikes, times, sponsors, etc.... how bout all the sponsors and ppl that support them? I have count less PM's on this board and any other board I've ever belonged to pertaining to things in my Sig. and I have countless Pm's asking others about things on their bikes or cars such as rims and different sizes and what fits and what doesn't and Turbo setups or whatever mods one has that maybe I want?

Sig are pretty common on every forum on the planet. its not really a passionate thing its just a normal thing ppl do when they have belonged to a forum for quite a while in support of the vendors that have helped them get their bike to where it is now.

I mean lets face it social media is the main driving force behind all of our vendors and many had links to fb pages. I think its a real deserve to them especially cause many ppl including myself listed who built and tuned their bike and when other see that they click on links to their websites or send them Emails. their really is count less good reasons to have Sigs.

go on any forum for cars or bikes and you will see most ppl have pretty detailed sigs of their rides such as mods, paint, wraps, rims etc....

I would have to agree. Cap i can volunteer my services for signature police if you need.

This is great! Almost daily I have to bite my tongue when I see people posting threads asking questions that have been answered a million times and I just want to tell them to quit being so lazy and use the search button before cluttering up the forum. It's hard for me not to reply to them, so I tend to not even open the thread and move on to avoid drama.

Screen Shot 10-26-17 at 01.45 PM.PNG

Cap, this is not updating properly. My post there it says 7 min ago. That was a week and half ago. Maybe im looking at it wrong?

BTW Cap, clearing my cookies didn't do a thing for the 11 boxed ? marks among the emojis. Was a PITA logging in to all the sites I visit.

Back