New Features to the site...

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay folks we have made a few changes to the forum over the past few days and some are really obvious and some are not. Over time you will run into them, there is a long list in another thread but I don't want to get into them too much here...

The biggest change you will like is a quick reply in PM's which means that when you go to your personal messages there is now a quick reply box with the quotes inside to reply back.. This saves several clicks and is much more effecient. You can also sort your PM's now by clicking on the column description like Title, Date....

Let me take just a minute of your time to let you know what the vision for the site has been and still is.....

We want this forum to bring people together, to build relationships and provide a place with accurate information on every aspect of a Hayabusa. Forums really started out on the Internet in about 1999 and have become main stream now. This site started on the beginning edge of that message board invasion of the Internet and was considered cutting edge back then. Well over the past 8 years we have improved the forums and features, upgraded to better servers but have always had that message board look and feel. You post up a message, someone replies, and everyone can see. One thing that I think that we are really good at is building relationships and sharing with others, unconditional giving. When we were at the Bash last year I remember the Suzuki guys telling me that the group in Robbinsville seemed very close and it was almost a cult of sorts with the members and the hayabusa.

As time has progressed we have always looked for new and better ways for the members to express themselves, first it was a message board, now we want to take the site to a different level for those that choose to participate. We have added a new module to the forum called a Blog What is a Blog you ask, good question.... I have always looked at Blogs like journals where you can control the access and content of your blog, an online journal with your own look and feel and style about it. In a thread almost anyone can post into it and you have no control if someone tries to hijack your topic. With a Blog you can add your information and then control who can see it, who can post a comment and you can add and edit yourself. I know that not everyone will care or use this new module and that's OK. What I want out of this site is to provide a few features to some, and a few features to other. Some people currently post in I think almost every thread and others just post once a year. Either way it's at your pace....

My vision for the Blogging is this......

How great would it be to have a Blog topic called "My first year racing" (I plan on doing this so be prepared) I want to tell a story about my racing experience and what has occured, I will be putting my mods and changes to my bike, when I race I will be putting stories there and I can post my race times so I can look back in a year and see the changes from race to race... I think this would be a fantastic place for the Bash stories and meet and greets. When you blog you can have group blogs so we could all keep the stories of the bash in a bash blog... the forum will still be used to but the blogs will be online repositories of each persons perspectives......

I know that this is a little different and when you go to your blogging page you might feel overwhelmed setting your blog up the first time but we can all get through this together. Keep an open mind and you know what if you don't want to use it then don't

We will however be adding more and more social networking to the site and as we do it will change somethings but all in all it will be the same information just in a different format.

Of course allowing folks to add their own content to the site could get interesting but the same rules apply about courtesy, ****, language and respect......

You can access your blogging page using the navigation page at the top of the screen or from your control panel....

Let me know your thoughts.

cap

sounds like a good idea to allow blogs. I just hope the site never gets to commercialized like facebook or (the other few, I forget their names). :thumbsup:

The blogs would be a good area for the smaller sponsors to be able to post all of their product information etc all in one place. :beerchug:

The blogs would be a good area for the smaller sponsors to be able to post all of their product information etc all in one place. :beerchug:

hmmmm interestingly enough if you look here..... LINK TO CLASSIFIEDS you will see that we started consolidating things yesterday.... The plan is to get the sponsors to start keeping a better eye out on the want ads as well as post up products they sell there... They can still post on the forums but the classifieds is a good place to keep it all together.

Great catch

As an outsider from South Africa I enjoy the site and any improvement is only to the better.

Thanks for your hard work.???

Pine:thumbsup:

As an outsider from South Africa

Pine:thumbsup:

you're not an outsider bro, you are one of us :beerchug:

great job CAp, hope i can figure this one out without crashing the board again :thumbsup:

Sounds Great.....sometimes I feel like technology and "the times" are way ahead of me and my quiet menial family life.......

So what is blogging again? LOL

Thanks Cap for .Org................... and also a thanks to all the Admins/Mods who help out around here!

DD

Last edited:
Back