New Family Addition

2k3Mach

Registered
Well... I just got a new addition to my family and it happens to be a Blue/Silver 2006 Hayabusa with 3100 on the clock

This is my first big bike as I started way back when with a couple kz440's, then on to a Honda V45 Magna, went from there to a GSXR 750, then a Katana 600. The only things I can say is at first I was a little shy on the throttle due to feeling these things are crazy (I know my 750 would rip front end up fairly easily) and thinking I had almost twice the power now was a little un-nerving. This will mostly be a commuter vehicle during the warmer months here in the Midwest (so thinks the wife) as I drive 166 miles/day to/from work. I just picked it up today and put about 300 miles on it already and all I can say is WOW... this thing goes 50-120 like no other (and that's in 5th gear)

I purchased from Original owner

Only mods are

Smart TRE
Fender Delete
K&N filter

Anyway, since I haven't had a bike in over 10 years now (kept motorcycle endorsement on license though) I figured I may have some questions here/there about maintenance, upgrades, etc, and I hope some of you aren't getting tired of these kind of questions.

I also have a 2003 Mach 1 that at one time I thought was fast.. but wow! At least the Mach will get driven in the wintertime or when the kids need to go somewhere in plural

Nice meeting everyone - name is Jim and from NW/Central Indiana!

Anything I should watch out for on this thing other than if I keep grinning like this my face might freeze that way?

:welcome: to the board and congrats on the new ride...that permanent smile is how we recognize each other :thumbsup:

FIXED!!!

Adding a few pix I took today after bringing it home...

2012-03-24_16-54-20_59.jpg

2012-03-24_16-53-46_93.jpg

2012-03-24_16-54-04_299.jpg

2012-03-24_16-22-05_1.jpg

2012-03-24_16-21-02_708.jpg

Rulez FOLLOWED :)

Congrats on the new bike! :thumbsup:

Since you haven't ridden much, take it easy for a while (try to keep it under 150). :laugh:

This is THE PLACE to get any of your Busa questions answered.

Enjoy the madness... :laugh:

Thanks everyone... think the wife likes it as much as I do. And its gonna be a bit before breaking 150 as I need to get back in the groove and used to the bike! Hopefully this thing will feel more stable at the higher speeds once I get to that point than my older bikes did

Back