*New Exhaust*

reward69

Registered
Well I finally got my new exhaust installed last night (late). The UPS man didnt get to the house until 7pm. Well at 2:30am Im in business. I ended up with a Yoshimura RS3 full system. First of all let me say that the quality looks very good, not much to be said for the instructions though, they spent more time telling you how to get hte old one off (with pics) rather than how to install?? Being I can wrench and no dummy?!? it went pretty smooth. My only complaint so far is the can has a vibration/harmonic coming from inside. When your rev just off idle it gives a harmonic/vibration sound thats kinda anoying. Im gonna give it a little time to burn in, and see if it goes away or gets better. I'll get some pics up soon, by the way I went with the carbon can, and it looks great.

cool.gif
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Yoshi's rule !</span>

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Need my pics , fix !!</span>
crazy.gif

my pipes make the lisenplate rattle when i rev it up, i thought it was the pipes.

Did U have to modify anything like the oil line? Is the oil filter still accessible without screaming? Or was it basically just plug n play?
PS: Looks really sweet.

Actually it went together really well. The header section was already assembled, I only had to put the can and mid pipe on. I removed the PAIR valve and this made things allot easier. I didnt have to move anything after assembly was done, it fit just like the factory header. I just got the chance to ride this afternoon for the first time and I was amazed at the difference in the power delivery. Very noticable stronger mid and upper end hit.
smile.gif
I am running a PCIII but just with the downloaded map from Yosh. Im getting a custom map done in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you informed to how this helps?

Oh yeah, thanks to A.P.E. racings screw up!! I was able to save a few bucks on the PAIR block off. I ordered these like 2 weeks ago before I even ordered the system. I wanted them to be here before the system did of course?? Well the day the system arrived, still no block offs. I called APE to find out they didnt have any record of my order. At which point I informed them what they could do with my order at this point!! Well being there not seen anyway, I went to my local welder and had him take the orginal PAIR unit and weld up the mounting brackets and made my own. For $10 to beat all, he actually did allot better job than I was expecting. After sanding them down they look just like the ones people are getting $20 to $30 for.

(reward69 @ Oct. 07 2006,16:46) Actually it went together really well. The header section was already assembled, I only had to put the can and mid pipe on. I removed the PAIR valve and this made things allot easier. I didnt have to move anything after assembly was done, it fit just like the factory header. I just got the chance to ride this afternoon for the first time and I was amazed at the difference in the power delivery. Very noticable stronger mid and upper end hit.
smile.gif
 I am running a PCIII but just with the downloaded map from Yosh. Im getting a custom map done in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you informed to how this helps?
If you are running a stock air box, I have a map you can try that should closer. If you want it yell.

(Professor @ Oct. 07 2006,19:20)
(reward69 @ Oct. 07 2006,16:46) Actually it went together really well. The header section was already assembled, I only had to put the can and mid pipe on. I removed the PAIR valve and this made things allot easier. I didnt have to move anything after assembly was done, it fit just like the factory header. I just got the chance to ride this afternoon for the first time and I was amazed at the difference in the power delivery. Very noticable stronger mid and upper end hit.
smile.gif
If you are running a stock air box, I have a map you can try that should closer.  If you want it yell.
Nice pipe -reward-.

Now this topic isn't really for me as I have the Brock system, but statements like the one I quoted is the reason why I love this site!

Thank you Professor.

By the way guys, a little bird told me that Brocks maybe running a super deal on some left over GenII systems. I had already ordered the Yosh when I found out and wasnt able to cancel without a %20 restocking fee!! Im happy with the Yosh in looks and performance so far, but would have went with the Brocks given the deal they had. Give them a call, super nice, professional people to deal with. After a few minute conversation on the phone has made me a future customer.
beerchug.gif

Back