New Dunlop Sportmax Q3!!!!

Looks like a new set of the Q3's in a 190/50 is gonna be about $274 from Competition Accessories

I like that! :)

If this means Q2's will be discounted to get them out of inventory, or that they will discount the Q3 like they did the Q2 to get loyal followers...I'll be buying some...

Earth to Mars,,,,,,,,,,,,Earth to Mars,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Come in "LankyYankee"

“Our Sportmax Q2 tire just recently took on all of the other tire brands in the category in the Sport Rider Magazine shootout and the Sportmax Q2 won hands down,” said Mike Manning, “And here we are introducing the Sportmax Q3—an even better tire than the Q2—that will set new standards in the high-performance sport tire category.”

Extensive Dunlop testing shows that the Sportmax Q3 exhibits exceptional cornering stability especially at high lean angles, responsive and precise steering characteristics, and predictable and smooth transitional-steering performance for more confidence-inspiring handling.

Are you paying attention Yank? :cheerleader:

Here ya go for the link-challenged.

All the test bikes in the videos were Gixxer 1k's....Maybe TEAM GIXXER needs to contact them for some testing at Barber!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my OEM Bridgestone picked up a small nail ** only had 1800 miles too :-( ** so, I had a sportmax Q3 installed on the rear today. I have read up on the reviews in terms of handling/performance and they seem to have good reviews. However, I am having a hard time on getting an idea on what kind of mileage I can expect. So, running the 42psi on the street, what kind of mileage are you all getting? I don't ride "hard" on the street, I would say I run at intermediate paces in the twisties (I save the fast stuff for the track). So, what type of mileage are you getting? I did read one post that stated around 3K miles which seems a bit low for OEM pressures.

Thanks in advance!

42 seems a little high to me, but I'd suspect at about 3K you are gonna have it worn down to the wear bars...it's not there for long life, it's there for grip. It's about the grippiest dry tire there is before you get to heated race tires...which is REALLY suited well for a front...

42 seems a little high to me, but I'd suspect at about 3K you are gonna have it worn down to the wear bars...it's not there for long life, it's there for grip. It's about the grippiest dry tire there is before you get to heated race tires...which is REALLY suited well for a front...

42 is the OEM pressure, I ran them on the Bridgestones with absolutely no issues all the way to the edges. I did not have much choice so, I went with the Q3 but may switch to the S20 once I wear these out. I was hoping for 3k to 5k miles so, if they wear it's not that big of a deal. I agree, the grip on the front is what is important, if the rear wants to dance I'm fine with that! Although, for the type of riding I do, I tend to focus on being smooth on the street. I will post up my results once I get some miles on these tires.

Thanks for the help!

I'd ask Tiller about his S20 experience (Track). If I remember correctly, he liked them OK; if comparable, then it comes down to price....

42 is recommended - for street riding and max weight of two passengers. Letting few pounds out would help with grip (but yes maybe at the espense of wear). I run mine at 38 street. You wouldn't believe how low we run them on track (the rear cold under 30)....

I raced for 6 years so I agree 100% on lower pressures for the track. On the street I am far more conservative. I will post up how they fair at OEM pressures. Thanks for the feedback!

I'd ask Tiller about his S20 experience (Track). If I remember correctly, he liked them OK; if comparable, then it comes down to price....

42 is recommended - for street riding and max weight of two passengers. Letting few pounds out would help with grip (but yes maybe at the espense of wear). I run mine at 38 street. You wouldn't believe how low we run them on track (the rear cold under 30)....

Back