new digital camera

I use the Kodak 4.0 mp. nice big viewing screen, (don't have to use reading glasses to see my pic), very easy to use for a newbie like myself. Takes great shots. Had it a yr now and love it!

well would just like to say thanks for helping me out here will gather all this information up and go shopping tomorrow and see what i can find
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118486285 -->

I bought an Olympus C-7000 (7Mp) a couple of months ago. 5X optical and 6X digital, with Olympus lenses. American Tv, apliance, and electronics (something to that effect.) I got it for the same price as the 5 Mp as they had a rebate. I spent the rebate on a 512 Mb memory card as it takes the XD. Excellent pictures.

Hope it helps,

Steve

Canon EOS-20D

Canon has the nest light contrast and white balance software I've used. I have a Canon EOS-D60, and I have no complaints. It's a true SLR, like the Nikon D-100, and uses any of the EOS certified lenses. A few of my D60 shots have been published.

As far as the "Pixel Race", you don't need anything over 4Mp unless your doing studio/poster shots or publishing pictures bigger than 8x10in in size. The D60, at 6.3Mp, can take pictures that rival most 8Mp cameras. The catch is the bbp (bits per pixel) rating. The higher the bpp rating, the better clarity for color reproduction. Big Mp ratings do help to overcome lower bpp ratings, but pixel for pixel higher bpp will look better on a printed photo.

Here are a few examples. Their to big to post hear, and even then their smaller than the original prints:

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=656886
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=593835
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=630324

beerchug.gif

No need to go all the way to the SD500...  Unless your trying to be a pimp.
laugh.gif
or make sure your E-pen!s is bigger...
tounge.gif
Ummmmm, BT recommended me toward the Canon SD500, so what ya sayin Rev?.........LOL

Anyways, the camera is nice and small, quality point and shoot, great battery life, and with a 1 gig card (extra).........I can take pics forever and never run out of space.

half the cameras mentioned are obsolete (dicontinued).

For point and shoot, canon sd series is the leader of the pack, sony is also prety decent with new models. U can't go wrong with an sd200 (3mp), sd300 (4mp), sd400 (5mp), or sd500 (7mp).

I personally have a Nikon D70 dslr and a canon sd300 for snapshots.

btw buying at walmart works well as they havbe a return policy with no restocking.

as for the mp, you gota think about what you plan on doing with the camera.

Well, I,m a cheap azz I guess. I bought a Kodak Easy Share for $125.00, 3.5mp, 4xzoom. Hell, the only reason I even bought one was because the BOARD demands pic,s of ALL members Busa,s.
laugh.gif

well we had a blast shopping today ended up geting a sony dsc p150 7.2 mega pixal with a 256 mb card works pretty good had to try it before we wraped it lol and here is a shot of the sweetest daughter in the world lol

kait.jpg

ease of use and great pics. go with a kodak 5 megapixel with a docking station. you can even get a printer/docking station that print really great looking prints.

I'd get something a lot smaller than what I have now. About four years ago, we bought a Sony Mavica CD camera. It takes GREAT pictures and the CD's can hold 100+ high res pics and the mini-CD disks are cheaper by far than flash memory devices.

But it's bulky, I have to say. Very inconvenient for a quick road trip on the bike. I'd truly like to have another camera which is compact and I can use for short bike trips and keep the Mavica for those times when I'm at a party or playing the tourist some place where tons of pictures are required.

Great thread.

--Wag--

well we had a blast shopping today ended up geting a sony dsc p150 7.2 mega pixal with a 256 mb card  works pretty good had to try it before we wraped it lol and here is a shot of the sweetest daughter in the world lol
she's definitely a cutie, ID....looks like a real bundle of joy!

Good luck during her teenage years, though...seems to me like she's gonna be a heartbreaker. That's my biggest fear about having a daughter...the teenage years.
wow.gif

well we had a blast shopping today ended up geting a sony dsc p150 7.2 mega pixal with a 256 mb card  works pretty good had to try it before we wraped it lol and here is a shot of the sweetest daughter in the world lol
she's definitely a cutie, ID....looks like a real bundle of joy!

Good luck during her teenage years, though...seems to me like she's gonna be a heartbreaker. That's my biggest fear about having a daughter...the teenage years.
wow.gif
thanks she is we have a lot of fun and just couldnt imagin life without here. what do ya meen tenage years
wow.gif
im forbiding her to get to those
laugh.gif

wow.gif

laugh.gif
Yeah....I'd love to have a lil girl of my own, but man...

I'm thinkin about all those late-night phone calls and all those hormones.
wow.gif
Come to think of it, it's about time to replace my shotgun anyways...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back