New Detroit member checking in.

blusmbl

Registered
Been riding dirt & street for a couple years, have an '01 CR500 and a '74 CB550. Couple weekends ago I rode my buddy's 07 'busa, and fell in love with the ridiculous, yet manageable power.

Well, long story short, a week later I had one in my garage. :D

It's a completely stock black '02, 15k miles. I've already put a K&N on it, iridium plugs, cheapo frame sliders, and helibars. My buddy may be getting rid of his Buell pegs, if he does I'm grabbing them too.

The cush drive seems to be a bit blown out. I think the previous owner didn't know how to set chain tension, it was an honest inch too loose when I bought it. Better now, but there's a bunch of slop in the rear wheel. So this winter I'll pull it apart.

On it's way home:

3956149439_2815299513_b.jpg

The fleet:

3956769063_938877f90d_b.jpg

3957532424_ba1004f1d7_b.jpg

I'm definitely going to have to get used to the power. My 500 is wheelie happy, and 10x harder to ride than the Hayabusa, but it certainly can't do 180+ mph either. :D

-Nick

Black is beaut. congrats and welcome to the site. great site & people!:thumbsup::cheerleader:

Beauty for sure.:thumbsup:
Ride her safe and have tons-O-fun on her.
Bubba
Oh and welcome to the addiction

Last edited:
Thanks everybody! I'm definitely going to have to respect it. Rode to and from Ypsilanti today, and got caught in the rain for the vast majority of the time. I wasn't expecting wheelspin at WOT in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. It rides like my dirtbike in the sand. :thumbsup:

Black really is the only acceptable color for me. I've owned something like 25 cars, and I'd say 3/4 of them either were black from the start or ended up black after being attacked by rattlecans. :D

Where about in the Detroit area are you from, I am from Dearborn Hgts/Taylor area. We hang out at the old country buffet on Telegraph,across from Wallmart., If the weather allows I am up there with a flat black Busa, SWB you will hear it come thru lol:thumbsup: Welcome to the Bord.

welcome and get some good mileage out of it before it snows. i cleaned my garage out so make a space for the busa when the snow starts flying and by the way its been in flint im sure it will be parked by november:puke:
when it gets back to spring checkin in with me if u wanna do some riding i meet with about 50 other misc rockets every friday and saturday night. we are not the most conservative riders tho. :whistle:

Back