NEW DENVER NOISE LAW ALLOWS TICKETS FOR HAVING AFT

The Libs are taking over
guns.gif

Its wrong that they allow aftermarket pipes on cars but not motorcycles, that's fugged up  
mad.gif
That leaves Denver open to a lawsuit.

At least Cali is more fair, no car or motorcycle exhaust mods  
sad.gif
At least the cops haven't enforced it much
beerchug.gif

Exactly what I've been saying ... in the City (Philly), the busses and trucks are AS LOUD as an H-D with straight pipes:  

"Under the new ordinance, vehicles with a gross weight rating under 10,000 pounds couldn't exceed 82 db(A) at 25 feet, and trucks over 10,000 pounds couldn't exceed 90 db(A) at 50 feet. Only motorcycles would be subject to the EPA sound certification labeling requirement."

Absolutely ridiculous ... as the article says, it's selective enforcement, and in my opinion, mostly against the H-D riders, and somewhat against the sportsbike riders.  And, it has nothing to do with trying to reduce sound polution, since trucks and busses can continue to have a higher allowable dB level at twice the distance.

<embed src="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fsmileys.smileycentral.com%252Fcat%252FF%252Ftransport.swf%253Fcode%253DF%252F1%252F394%2526partner%253DZSzeb110%255FZNfox000/transport.swf" loop="false" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="100" height="120" name="transport" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" wmode="transparent" flashvars="code=F/1/394&partner=ZSzeb110_ZNfox000" />

(05 Busa LE @ Jun. 09 2007,21:39) Exactly what I've been saying ... in the City (Philly), the busses and trucks are AS LOUD as an H-D with straight pipes:

"Under the new ordinance, vehicles with a gross weight rating under 10,000 pounds couldn't exceed 82 db(A) at 25 feet, and trucks over 10,000 pounds couldn't exceed 90 db(A) at 50 feet. Only motorcycles would be subject to the EPA sound certification labeling requirement."

Absolutely ridiculous ... as the article says, it's selective enforcement, and in my opinion, mostly against the H-D riders, and somewhat against the sportsbike riders. And, it has nothing to do with trying to reduce sound polution, since trucks and busses can continue to have a higher allowable dB level at twice the distance.
I can't remember the loss of sound levels over distance conversions, but doesn't that mean that semi-tractors can be 16 TIMES LOUDER than motorcycles?

Actually, I think it's even higher than that.

Fag them POS politicians. It`s discriminatory enforcement.

AMA should sue the City of Denver. Damn politicians... Next thing would be certification for car stereo that it`s not too loud. with government certification facility and $50.00 certification fee.

Example... Why the fag I have to pay $25 to get my car emission tested. If government suspected that my car stinks then they have to prove it. I spoke with manager of emission testing facility, he stated that about 1% not pass emissions test.

(TheAtomicAss @ Jun. 10 2007,00:53) I can't remember the loss of sound levels over distance conversions, but doesn't that mean that semi-tractors can be 16 TIMES LOUDER than motorcycles?
I'm no engineer, but I found this on the Internet at arpeggioacoustics.com:

"If the source is outdoors, and it is small compared with the distance to the measurement location, the sound energy will spread over an area which is proportional to the square of the distance. Noise sources such as a train or moving traffic will radiate noise in a cylindrical pattern so that the sound energy will spread over an area which is proportional to the distance. Thus, the sound level will decrease by 3 dB per doubling of distance. Of course, climatic conditions will have an effect on this."

"This 'inverse square' relationship dictates that sound level will decrease by 6 dB for each doubling of distance.'"

"Generically speaking, a person with average hearing would just barely perceive a difference of 3 dB. An increase of 10 decibels is generally accepted as the point at which a sound is subjectively perceived as 'twice as loud.'"

So, at 50', assuming that the vehicle is starting from a dead stop, the sound should be 82-6 = 76dB(A).  In moving traffic, it would be 82-3 = 79dB(A).  But for trucks, it's allowed to be 90dB(A).  

That's an increase of 14dB(A) from a dead stop, or 11dB(A) while moving, which, according to the website, is perceived as being more than twice as loud!

Man that just sucks... I guess they enforce the same with cars then eh? Anyhow I hope that stuff don't come to Maryland after I get my brock mega exhaust without the silencer in it
all_coholic.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Jun. 09 2007,21:16) At least Cali is more fair, no car or motorcycle exhaust mods
In CA you should be allowed any exhaust mod that has been issued a CARB number.

rock.gif

Back