New cornering technique

Holy crap...you guys swallowed the whole hook on this one....you ain't right, Charlesbusa!!

Just tried mastering this New Radiactive Move and boy does it ever work... Thanks for the pointer Charles
bowdown.gif

Holy crap...you guys swallowed the whole hook on this one....you ain't right, Charlesbusa!!
Hey, it went for longer than I thought it would!!
biggrin.gif

jump9.gif

Made this move up in a bar...

granted you do this at really slow speed, like in a parking lot(to offset the bike's weight with yours). But the whole track thing, he he he just made up
tounge.gif

What else are we supposed to do when the board is down
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

While talking to some trackday instructors at Fontana during the races, they explained a new leaning technique that has been developed.  Put simply its called counter-leaning.

Imagine a track with a right then a left then a right;
When you enter the right hand turn and the next turn is the lefty.  You lean your body to the left, while leaning the bike right.  This way your body is in position for the next corner while the bike turns thru the right corner.  Then when you enter the left, you lean your body to the right while leaning the bike to the left.  And so on.  

Racers are now integrating this new technique.  Counter-leaning, the new way of cornering??

I've started trying it, and have to admit it works pretty good.
Report:

...tried it out today on couple of twisties...

...its ok for slow speed, low weight bikes!!! But with the busa, I didnt feel too confident... the old school still works for me!!
Can you say GOTCHYA !!!!
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

tounge.gif

jump9.gif

now now....let's remember that there are some newer riders here, folks....

we don't want them to go out an try a 90mph sweeper doing something we were joking about. No flames, just a lil bit of conservation.
cool.gif

Yea, *ahem* thanks. And thanks for the PM's. I'm glad I wasn't the target :/ this time
smile.gif

Carl

we don't want them to go out an try a 90mph sweeper doing something we were joking about. No flames, just a lil bit of conservation.
cool.gif
I hear ya, that's why I PM'd everyone who posted. You got 7 of them, because of the board difficulties
biggrin.gif
Especially since you don't have any hair to protect you from roadrash
tounge.gif

Charles was talking about "counter leaning" Friday nite at Fontana....later when he actually did it getting on to a freeway on ramp I was laughing so hard I almost lost it. Saturday at the races we were on a demo ride with Nijinsky3, Charles was following the leader on the demo and the guy behind him and in front of me was "counter leaning" all over the place
laugh.gif
it was hilarious. He would lean his bike as far as he could one way and then HE would lean as far as he could the opposite way. Only Julie and I could see this guy doing this and after the ride we told Charles about it and asked him if he had given this guy some riding tips before our demo
tounge.gif

cool.gif
I hear ya, that's why I PM'd everyone who posted.  You got 7 of them, because of the board difficulties  
biggrin.gif
  Especially since you don't have any hair to protect you from roadrash  
tounge.gif
heheh....helps me fit into my skin-tight red leather catsuit, ya know?

wow.gif
laugh.gif

Wow, the last time I was at a bar talking about bikes was with NJ after I had ridden his fine machine! Now that was fun!
biggrin.gif

Hey, it went for longer than I thought it would!!  
biggrin.gif

jump9.gif

Made this move up in a bar...

granted you do this at really slow speed, like in a parking lot(to offset the bike's weight with yours).  But the whole track thing, he he he  just made up    
tounge.gif

What else are we supposed to do when the board is down  
biggrin.gif
Your evil
devil.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

i find myslef doing the counterlean thing alot it feels pretty good just worry about leaning to busa over too much with all my weight on the top instead of down low might just slip and fall right on the bike
rock.gif
will have to practice more
cool.gif

That's why they call it...

...Dope!

Crack Kills!

<!--EDIT|Mikey D
Reason for Edit: "cause I can't type"|1115259772 -->

I was earlier using the counter balance as charles busa has said, but now am leaning into the turn along with the bike:)

Try this one:

Strap your butt to the bottom of the bike (this may require raising the bike for most of us). That will make you body weight almost negligible in the corners.
laugh.gif
Of course it won't do a thing for your aerodynamics.
tounge.gif

Back