New Clutch Slave Question

Jeff Lamer

Registered
Hey All,

I recently purchased an aftermarket clutch save that can be mounted at different distances from the engine. Now that I have it mounted I have to cut the push rod. First attempt and I think I have the push rod too short ( I have a spare) I see it move between a 1/8th and 1/4 inch but doesn't disengage the clutch.
Any idea how much it should move into the clutch to disengage ? I also don't think the slave cylinder is all the way in when the clutch is not pulled in. Hence I think I cut the rod too short.
Any advice greatly appreciated!

Ok... I'm really stumped on this one. The clutch worked fine before I changed the clutch slave. Now it doesn't want to disengage. Keep in mind this is mounted in a car. Not sure if I'm thinking correctly, my thought is that I push the push rod all the way in the shaft (bike sprocket) should turn freely. To test my theory I was manually able to to push the push rod all the way ( because it is in a car I was able to use threaded rod) in and when I try by hand the shaft still feels like it is in gear. I can manually shift it in neutral and the shaft spins freely. In first gear with clutch pulled ( push rod in) it doesn't spin freely ( still in gear).
Any and I mean any help is appreciated...getting frustrated :(.
Jeff in Ontario.

Back