New Busa with 11 miles...major probs!!

aphartman

Registered
Well picked up the new 08 today after waiting a week for parts to be installed that are now on backorder. Well I left the dealer and noticed the throttle/gears just didnt seem right. This is my first Busa so I really wasnt sure what to expect. Made it home with 11 miles on the bike. Went to go out to meet a friend who has owned a few Busas and when I put the bike in first it wont go anywhere. You can let the clutch completely out and it doesnt stall. You can rev to 6k in first and it just sits there like its in neutral. Tried it in all gears and it does the same. In 5th gear it doesnt stall either. Just sits there.

I'm so ticked right now!! Anyone know what the deal may be.

TIA!

It sounds as if the clutch piston stuck in the open position. Hopefully it is something minor and nothing is broken or bent. However, if the rod is stuck then it is likely bent, holding itself in place.

I would just have the dealership pick up the bike and do a service. I'm sure they won't mind getting you rolling.

Just remember, you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar. BE NICE when you call even though you are pissed.

Just remember, you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar. BE NICE when you call even though you are pissed.
+ 1 couldnt agree more, probably not the dealers fault any how
thumb_up.gif

hope you get it sorted soon

Boy that sucks...... I could just imagine how you must feel...... I hope you get this all sorted out and enjoy your new machine......

I hurt for you. I can't ride mine because it's not street legal yet and I go to school an hour away from where I left it with my folks. Good luck getting it all sorted out.

Yup, be nice and the dealer should take good care of you.... #$&( happens, but its their responsibility to make it right.

Wow, that's very strange. If you trailered it back to them you might have a leverage also.

Forgive my fading memory, but isn't this a re-post?

Seems to me we've seen this run through already ?!? I recall someone saying it's not such a great idea to rev it to 6K in gear or ?

Anyway, I recall specifically telling THAT person to not allow the dealership to fix it for you but that you should demand (if it comes to that) a brand new busa.

Please keep us posted on this...and good luck.

Its already been said....but take it back!!! A '08 with problems already....the dealership will take care of this problem for u
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Probably built on Friday  
whistling.gif
 . You know, dress down day and Susi day and all that
laugh.gif
. Probably forgot to put the clutch pack in
banghead.gif

Just Joking
laugh.gif
, really it doesn't sound like a big problem that isn't easy to fix. Sounds like just a clutch adjustment problem, and no more. Let us know  
google.gif

laugh.gif

I'd be reral careful about that reving to 5k if whatever is defective releases like a clutch cylinder piston things are going to start to happen real fast you may not be able to react fast enough and wreck the bike/ hurt yourself.

Hey sorry to hear that I'd be pissed too!! dealer should be glad to take care of your problems.as was stated before be real carful with the revs if the clutch engages you may have real problems.Anyway once it fixed you'll love it im sure.Happy riding.

Back