New Busa rider with a couple questions

binx

Registered
I bought an 05 busa with 4k on the clock. I had it repainted all black, new Q2's, Full Yosh RS-3 stainless and a PCV with a custom map. Here comes the questions.

Is 152hp and 91torque at the wheel good ? Feels enough for me :)

Their is a slight hesitation at about 2400-3000k in first and second gear at very light throttle. Only notice it in town when wife is on the back. Leaving lights with her on the back slow like.. so not to leave her behind. Over 3k in 3rd its fine.

And when slowing down when coming off the throttle and then accelerating I feel a slight bite (I guess that would be the word) when I throttle on. Best way I can explain it is like peddling backwards on a bike and then go forward to pedal.

Look forward to the help.
The Dyno shop said bring it back and will check the fueling but its supposed to rain for like a week or more here so will go when nice. Im in western mass and have only seen 2 other Busa's and both are 08's. Trying to compare to see if its just the bikes characteristic. Thanks
P.S. Still has original plugs in it.
Just changed to full synth amsoil and the stock air filter is clean.

:welcome::welcome::welcome: to the org. i don't know the hp of the I Gen, but your shifting at to low of rpms, way to low.....i usually shift at around 5 to 6k rpms. the bike also has a false neutral between 5th and 6th gear. just ride the throttle a little harder. :thumbsup: and don't worry your not going to hurt the busa.

I do when shes not on the back..Ill tell her to hold on tighter then ! Thanks for the welcome

Check the chain tension, that could be the bite ya feel. The HP sounds a touch low, but all dyno's and bike vary, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Droid via Tapatalk

What part of the country are you in? I have a gen 1 and just dynoed at 151 hp. But I'm in Colorado at 6k feet. That results in a 13-20% loss of HP depending on barometric pressures and a other factors. Based on sea level anyhow.

Welcome to the org

I had it Dynoed in CT and it was like 88 degrees out if that matters and it took me 2 hours to get there and dyno 20 min later. I had the chain adjusted once at the stealership and then the dyno guy adjusted it said it was tight, now its at spec prior to dyno.

My 06 stock dynoed at 148 @ 90. That was on a hot day in oklahoma about 6 weeks ago, and it was an hour ride there. I need to go back soon since i installed some mods.

Welcome. :welcome: Another Busa owner here in Mass is always nice to see.

There will be someone along to help you with your questions. This place is loaded with knowledge.

And don't forget to post a picture :rulez: :laugh:

Check the chain tension, that could be the bite ya feel. The HP sounds a touch low, but all dyno's and bike vary, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Droid via Tapatalk

Might be the cush drive rubbers are dry rotted or worn out. Check the tension first with that low mileage.

:worthless::rulez:just ride the throttle a little harder.:thumbsup:, and dont worry your not going to hurt the busa nuff said. :welcome: home to the org.

I was waiting to see how long it would take someone to bring up the pics missing..lol. Im at work and will post later.

I was waiting to see how long it would take someone to bring up the pics missing..lol. Im at work and will post later.

I couldn't pass it up. :poke:

I ride like you do when the wife is with me but I can't say I notice any problems. Hopefully it is just something simple.

:welcome::welcome: my 01 shifts real smooth around 5500-6500. you'll blow by anyone on the road without ever winding a gear out:laugh: I love this bike.. be safe and enjoy bud. can't wait for the pics :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Finally...Hopefully..A..Pic

511.jpg

Yea it sounded low to me too. I gained like 3hp and 3tqe. But my AFI was all over. At least to me it looked bad. Ill try to post it in a min.

2011-04-30_09-22-21_722.jpg

2011-04-30_09-22-55_431.jpg

Back