New Busa, Reverting Front Brakes Back To Both Sides.

Rigginit

Registered
Hello again! Recently purchased my 2nd gen1 Hayabusa,and one of the main things i need to do is replace the front brake setup to get it back to both sides again. I'm not too positive yet on how to identify what the previous owner has done and what i need to get the other side back in order. Obviously a matching rotor, pads, line, caliper, banjo bolt but can anyone help point out anything that may not be stock? I'm not sure if he changed to gen2 caliper or any thing else along those lines. Ive only had one other busa and just rode it and let shop do the work but this one i want to do all myself.

Here are a few pics that may help or may not...let me know if another angle is needed or anything to help out.

He may have just removed the stuff leaving the rest alone... or I dont know.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
you could go to a 2 line set up with your stock master cylinder and brake caliper or source the parts for the complete stock set up. I have the 2 line set up and like the feel at the lever better.

There are a couple individuals who will pipe in here soon. I would suggest all steel braided lines etc. Now would be a great time to switch to brembos.

If it wasnt for a budget id be all for doing it new and bigger...just trying to get the missing pieces to this puzzle affordable as possible. I did order braided lines though. Ill poo a golden twinkie if i can find a matching rotor in my budget though... near 350$ i cant afford from RCC directly. Hopefully i can find one floating around for less.

Have you had the front wheel out at any stage? I'm wondering whether the (custom) wheel has the right hub to mount a disc for starters...

I have not removed the wheel but the bolt holes are in plain sight on the side that's missing. I assume at this point that everything is stock except for the RC Component rotor. Im not sure if the bolt pattern is the same for an oem rotor or not. Will find out soon as im just sourcing cheap oem stuff at the moment and rotors and bolts are the last of the things left to find.

Last edited:
Back