New Busa owner

subzeroheat

Registered
Greetings,

Just got an '04 Blue/Silver Busa. Not really riding season yet in MN.
I owned a 600CC yamaha fz6 before and now upgrading. Do I need to be aware of
anything while moving onto a bigger machine like the Busa? Any riding tips?
I have done a few years of riding starting out at 250cc bikes upto 600cc. I'm a bit intimidated by the Busa, especially about cornering. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

Well, i wasn't aware of how much $$$ i would end up putting in to mine! So, welcome to the madness!!!

Ride within your means. Its a gentle giant!

I was intimidated when I first got mine too. Just take yer time trying to tame her. It will all come with getting to know the power...
beerchug.gif

Congrats and welcome. The busa is very tame below 4000 RPM's. They are a heavy bike compared to what you have been riding. Be aware when getting into a corner, and don't get in too hot, and don't use much rear brake. Although a busa will not corner like smaller bikes, they are agile for their size. Just take it easy while you get used to it. One other thing I would mention, don't park down hill, and make sure your busa is in gear while parked. They tend to fall over if you don't.

Welcome. Take it easy and get use to throwing the weight around, it can be a work out. Always think throttle control becaue she can break loose very easily in any range.

beerchug.gif

just take it slow get use to the power it will be a big difference from a 600. As for conering that is all in the rider cause the busa can get low if you want it to.
Welcome to the org.
beerchug.gif

Watch your right hand, it can get you in trouble
beerchug.gif

Don't believe all you hear about the Busa not corning, works fine for me.

All i have to say about it is. One day i was pushing it to the max, WOT in 2-3-4 while switching from center to outside hwy lane and the bike started tank slaping on me. I have never stomped it that hard again.

Welcome... Congrats on your Busa. I've always like the blue and silver. Learn to respect the power this beast has. Ride within your means. And most importantly enjoy the beast.

Back