New Busa Owner

discoganya

Registered
Just picked up a 2011. Ready for those long rides.

2WthTZRh.jpg

Thank you all!

f76CBc3h.jpg

Looks like the fairings have been cut to install the frame sliders. The fairings have also been plasti dipped to orange & black (SF Giants colors). Originally the bike was white, and I can see the underlying color in a few spots. This bike had only 1900 miles when I bought it, and I've added a couple of hundred over the last few days. I've owned/ridden several big and fast bikes (e.g. S1000RR) but this thing is an animal. Corners pretty well too :super:

Looking for advice on slip-on mufflers - any particular brand you recommend? I don't like the look of the OE bazookas.

And a complete exhaust isn't really much more than useless slip on noise makers. don't get me wrong I like the sound but they don't make anything else but sound. And your "rad" looking paint needs a more rad looking exhaust!
Oh and :welcome: from me too!!!!

Thank you!

Took the fairings apart to clean the engine and change the oil. Took me a good 2 hours to get the fairings off :eek: Such a complicated process! Changing the oil (I like 20w50) and the filter tonight, getting a new tire (190/55) and I should be set for a good 5000 miles.

I need a service manual, owners manual and a tool kit. Anyone have one for sale? I have a PDF service manual but I prefer a real book.

My other bike:
QYJotsoh.jpg

Just back from a 1100 mile, 3 day trip. The Busa did really well ... The engine is simply amazing, so much power, everywhere in the rev range! The bike handled twisty roads surprising well and the steering damper makes it very stable through a turn. The riding position is sporty but comfortable. I noticed that the speedometer is ~10% higher than the GPS, which seems typical for Suzuki.

eVdfYw9h.jpg

048sOsgh.jpg

LmZitqHh.jpg

The riding position is sporty but comfortable.

I noticed that the speedometer
is ~10% higher than the GPS,
which seems typical for Suzuki.

You could always add another tooth up front to the already BIG 18 tooth sprocket ~ Bryan also known as C-10 set his Hayabusa up for touring around . . .

0181363_drive-sprocket-front-for-2013-suzuki-gsx-1300-r-l3-hayabusa-2nd-gen.jpe

Get a speed-0-healer and your speedo will match your GPS. (Tire and/or gear changes can be adjusted to also) They are cheap and plug right in.

So the bird has found a nest . I guess you like it enough to be selling the zrx . If you search the zrxoa there is a complete build thread in major projects forum .
A 19 up front with a 190/55/17 makes the Speedo read accurate to GPS . I get them from Sprocket Specialties at 30 something bucks .

Back