New Busa Owner Ypsilanti, MI

Wutta sales pitch, runs shifts stops leaks oil...chrome all over the place, as is. :laugh: Good looking bike, is the oil leaking from behind the front sprocket?

I bet you can find the leak easily and fix it. I never have needed to add a drop to my 08 but I see a small amount of oil in the chin when I remove fairings. It's the oil cooler pipes. I reused the o-rings when I put the oil cooler back on even though I was told I should replace them. You'll track it down.

Hello great to be here I have 2000 Busa and I am looking forward to hopefully having help to keep this beast running. Any advice and knowledge is appreciated greatly.
Welcome to the madness :thumbsup: Good to see another michigander on the board, not too far from you either I stay in Roseville. 696 and gratiot area. Alot of info on the forum for anything you would need to know about busas. You got any favorite roads you like to ride??

Wutta sales pitch, runs shifts stops leaks oil...chrome all over the place, as is. :laugh: Good looking bike, is the oil leaking from behind the front sprocket?
I took a buddy of mine out to that dealership trying to buy an r6 and don't have much good to say about them. Advertise having 100s of bikes then after a 2 hour drive find half the bikes listed on craigslist for them they didn't have. They didn't even bother telling us the bike we called for wasn't there.

I took a buddy of mine out to that dealership trying to buy an r6 and don't have much good to say about them. Advertise having 100s of bikes then after a 2 hour drive find half the bikes listed on craigslist for them they didn't have. They didn't even bother telling us the bike we called for wasn't there.

IMO they told what they knew about the bike and it (was) pretty cheap @ 3K. However, that ‘leaks oil’ business would’ve kept me away especially if it was leaking below the front sprocket and nothing simple like a pan bolt or filter.

Hello great to be here I have 2000 Busa and I am looking forward to hopefully having help to keep this beast running. Any advice and knowledge is appreciated greatly.
If u have determined that the oil is coming from the area of the counter-shaft sprocket and are going to have a look-see inside there and need some advice on re/re hit us up. There are a couple tricks to it.Some maintenance can be done at the same time. Maybe the clutch actuation rod seal,counter-shaft seal,blahblahblah.
Rubb.

IMO they told what they knew about the bike and it (was) pretty cheap @ 3K. However, that ‘leaks oil’ business would’ve kept me away especially if it was leaking below the front sprocket and nothing simple like a pan bolt or filter.
Yeah that ad was straight forward but my experience with then far from ok.

I lived in Michigan when I was a youngster and visited when I bought a bike, but haven't partaken of any of the riding areas. Would like to do that one day. Hopefully the oil leak is easy to find and fix, but I will guess we'll see. Ready for you to post up some new pics.

Back