New Busa Owner Story

jdevans85

Registered
Hello I just purchased a left over 08 Blu from a dealership in Tulsa, OK. I was very excited b/c I had never bought a brand new motorcycle, they were always used. Well, as I was driving it home 80mi into my 100mi I came to a stop sign and it died on me and wouldn't start, acting like it's battery was dead.....well I rolled it down the hill and popped the clutch to try and get it home, that worked for about 6miles until it died when I was running at 70mph. So my Dad had to come get me.... Charged battery all night long like dealership said(they said it was b/c they only charged the new battery for an hour), seemed good next day, but again it died while I was away from the house lol. Well ended up having to trailer it back to Tulsa to get it worked on for a couple of hours and they diagnosed it as a bad regulator. So... not very pleased with the whole experience, hopefully I can get a free 600mi service out of the whole ordeal, but now that it is fixed took a 250mi trip and I absolutely love the thing, needs some mods now! :laugh:

List of mods coming first:
Changing wheels to black from gold (anyone up for a trade? lol)
New Seat (butt kinda hurt after 250mi)
Helibars
Lowering Pegs
Tank Protector: Looking for that clear plastic stuff people put on to protect against rock chips any idea where to find this material?

DSC01063.jpg

Congrats and welcome! :beerchug: Sorry about the early troubles, but it will be well worth it. You are the now the 2nd person to post up with similar difficulty and I hope it's not a trend.

Glad your bike is all fixed and going well. :thumbsup: Best colour too :laugh:

:welcome: to the site.

:poke: you don't like the gold wheels!!! ???

thanks for the :welcome:, actually the gold wheels are growing on me more every day, lol, but I saw one with black wheels and some other mods that looked very nice. :beerchug:

Welcome to the oRg! Love the bike bro, where in OK are you? Send a PM to Demmym to get added to the OK list. :beerchug:

:welcome: to the oRg. I was going to tell you the gold would grow on ya. Now for years and years of enjoyment. :thumbsup:

thats sucks that you had to go through the problems, it kinda leaves a sour taste in your mouth when ya get something new and it has problems right away but im here to tell ya that now that you got it taken care of it going to be soooooo worth it . Its an awsome bike , congrats your gonna love it!!

Back