New busa owner. Need advice asap (Yoshimura R77, air filter, pwr cmdr or bazzaz?etc..

brwmogazos

Registered
Hello guys and greetings from Greece.

I just got my hayabusa Gen 2 and i would like for some advice please on the most popular parts i should buy for my bike.

First of all i need to get rid of those two stock exhausts.

I like the Full Yoshimura R77 look with carbon look muffler. I like it better than the acrapovic looks, ti force etc.

Anything i should know before ordering it? How does it compare to other full exhaust systems?

Let me know guys so that i can avoid making mistakes and regretting at a later time my choises.

Air filter.

I can see pipercross bmc, bmc race, kn available.

which one should i go for? bmc race or is it extreme for road use?

With the above two installed i will need a new map for the ecu i suppose.

Powercommander + autotune is the way to go or bazzaz?

Please let me know on the pros and cons of each of the above mentiones guys.

Sorry for all those questions but i would like to order asap those parts (at least exhaust and filter) as shipping would take a long time (using e bay...)

Thank you!!!

Re: New busa owner. Need advice asap (Yoshimura R77, air filter, pwr cmdr or bazzaz?e

welcome. I have the R-77 CF slip-ons and like them a lot so I vote YES to the full R-77 system. I am also running the BMC race filter so I also vote YES to it. My bike came with a PC V and I currenty have a canned tune from Dynojet for an Akra 4-2-2 and my bike runs very well with it (mods are V&H header, R-77 slip-ons, BMC Race).

Best advice I can give: find a local tuner who is experienced/skilled with tuning Hayabusas. Ask him what he suggests (e.g. PC, Bazzaz, etc.) and buy that. THERE IS ANOTHER OPTION: Ecu Editor.
Pipes are a personal choice so buy what you like and can afford.

Check out this thread: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/polls/108976-your-bikes-exhaust.html

Re: New busa owner. Need advice asap (Yoshimura R77, air filter, pwr cmdr or bazzaz?e

:welcome: to the org & all your ideals are good ones

I'm running a yoshi R-22 full exhaust, I got an 11hp gain. I think 10's about the norm tho. Yoshi's are about mid pack in peak hp output, but have a nice spread of power. Hard to go too wrong with them if you really like the looks, and don't need those last couple of ponies :laugh: They're also reasonably priced and well made. They're a pretty quite system tho......in fact too quiet for a lot of guys. If you want loud, don't get a yosh. I bought mine because it WAS quite, that and the looks :thumbsup:

Thank you guys!

So performance wise the yoshi should be allright i guess compare to acrapovic...

Welcome to the org.:thumbsup:

Thank you guys

i ordered couple of days ago a Yoshimura R77 full exhaust CF, Zero gravity double bubble smoke, BMC air filter some paddock stands and an alarm system.

Need to get some crash protectors-frame sliders asap too...as well as a licence plate holder...

Just installed them.

Slide21.jpg

Slide23.jpg

Yia sou Fi-le!

welcome!!! i have the R77 on my 1st gen and love them! great sound and looks great

Hi All, i just installed Yoshimura R77 full exhaust system"carbon fiber" on my Suzuki Hayabusa 2011, but i installed the exhaust without removing the old OEM header Gaskets as said in Yoshimura installation instructions, wanted to know the reason of removing said gaskets noting that there is no air leakage after installing the exhaust with said old OEM gaskets, Moreover since i already installed the Exhaust with said gaskets and its very tough to remove the fairing then the gaskets and reinstall everything back again, Is there is any negative impact or downside what so ever in the future on my Suzuki Hayabusa 2011 by keeping said gaskets installed?

Hi All, i just installed Yoshimura R77 full exhaust system"carbon fiber" on my Suzuki Hayabusa 2011, but i installed the exhaust without removing the old OEM header Gaskets as said in Yoshimura installation instructions, wanted to know the reason of removing said gaskets noting that there is no air leakage after installing the exhaust with said old OEM gaskets, Moreover since i already installed the Exhaust with said gaskets and its very tough to remove the fairing then the gaskets and reinstall everything back again, Is there is any negative impact or downside what so ever in the future on my Suzuki Hayabusa 2011 by keeping said gaskets installed?

Back