New Busa Owner (Military)

BigDaddyCain

Registered
What up everyone? I'm in the USAF and currently deployed to Incirlik AB, Turkey. I know, cake deployment. But anyways, my whole family rides back home in South Carolina where I'm from, and I've wanted to ride with them for some years. I've been gone for 7 years though being in the military and I have not been able to make it home to ride. But I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy a bike locally back home and get my dream bike. So I bought a '07 Busa. My mom goes to trailer it back this weekend from North Carolina. There is a lot of great riding out that way, and I look forward to riding with my family and friends back home this summer when I finally make a trip home. For me, it's the perfect situation. I get to keep storage insurance on the bike and low miles on the bike since it's back home and making a trip home will be the only time I get to ride it. So the bike should stay in great condition over the next few years.

Anyways, I'm a gear-head at heart, been modifying cars for years now since I was 13 working on my grandpa's camaros and novas and other projects. I don't plan to do anything to the Busa for a while, it already has some modifications done to it. It's stretched, chrome wheels, and slash cut exhaust. Anyways, I'll probably just do a lot of lurking and researching on these forums for the next couple years. And of course, I'll post up pics when I go riding. Looking forward to the experience on here, I'm a member of some other car forums also.

On to the pics......

07HayabusaExt2b.jpg

07HayabusaExt1b.jpg

07HayabusaExt3b.jpg

Congrats and welcome! :beerchug: Thanks for your service and check out the SouthEast Riders seciton of the board for some local stuff.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. And thanks, I did a lot of searching for the right Busa, and I think I found it. It has pretty much the exact mods that I wanted. I would like a bit more chrome on the bike, but it's fine for now. I'm just ready to get back this summer and ride it and enjoy it.

I'll for sure check out the southeast section for anything happening. Maybe I can catch some events while I'm back this summer.

Very nice, :welcome: aboard! stay safe so you can come enjoy your new beauty. Just becasue your on a "cake" assignment doesn't mean you don't need to watch your 6 like a hawk.

Thanks for all the support as well.

dadofthree, that would be cool to go riding. you are about 3.5 hrs from where I'm from. But we could definitely do it when i make a trip to charleston or something. I got friends down there I plan to visit anyways. Or maybe you can come up and we can ride in the mountains.

Back