New Busa in MO

BigJonHayabusa

Registered
I have been checking this forum out for a long time and have learned a ton. I worked on my previous 2008 Busa with knowledge I found here making life so much easier. Now I have a new 2019 and it's my blank Canvas to make my own.

Already swapped out all the lights with LEDs, fender eliminator and added the Hotbodies smoked lens cover. Working on changing the whole look of the bike currently in a subtle way and want to post it up. I'm excited.

20191113_141532.jpg

20191113_141545.jpg

20200208_174306.jpg

Congrats! Wow, 5 years between registering and first post. That's a long courtship! Ha, ha.

:welcome:back, Jon. I have the smoked lenses too and that is about the best appearance mod one can do for the busa. My taillight cover is quite dark and people have told me it's hard to see the brake light. Yours looks a bit lighter but just keep it mind when you're in traffic.

Welcome!

Smoked out tail looks good Jon.I've done that to 3 of my 5 Busa's over the years.On 1 I did the Euro thing...clear/red lamps.This is the last one.
Rubb.
View attachment 1620104
:welcome:back, Jon. I have the smoked lenses too and that is about the best appearance mod one can do for the busa. My taillight cover is quite dark and people have told me it's hard to see the brake light. Yours looks a bit lighter but just keep it mind when you're in traffic.

On certain color schemes smoked lights look great (pics posted above). I smoked the tail, but I think it gets lost on my bike. And @Mythos is right about the reduced visibility - why I pulled the smoked lenses from my blinkers
GSX.SmokedTailLight.png

Welcome!

On certain color schemes smoked lights look great (pics posted above). I smoked the tail, but I think it gets lost on my bike. And @Mythos is right about the reduced visibility - why I pulled the smoked lenses from my blinkers
View attachment 1620114
Yers is a different brand Haya,still looks good,but I understand what you mean. I really don't care if my sigs are visible,never use them unless being followed by cops and even then I resort to hand signals.
Ever see a biker coming towards you and notice his left turn signal is activated and you wonder to yourself how long its been flashing.Entering an' intersection in todays modern ultra high paced society where everybody is in a fuggin hurry to get somewhere. Cagers see that signal and take it as there oportunity to make their left hand turn.Whamo!
Turn signals are dangerous.
Rubb.

Yers is a different brand Haya,still looks good,but I understand what you mean. I really don't care if my sigs are visible,never use them unless being followed by cops and even then I resort to hand signals.
Ever see a biker coming towards you and notice his left turn signal is activated and you wonder to yourself how long its been flashing.Entering an' intersection in todays modern ultra high paced society where everybody is in a fuggin hurry to get somewhere. Cagers see that signal and take it as there oportunity to make their left hand turn.Whamo!
Turn signals are dangerous.
Rubb.
Riders who forget to turn off those signal lights are dangerous, the signal lights themselves serve a good purpose.

I too took off the dark lenses off my front and back signal lights

Thank you! Funny you say that when I had the rear off doing the smoked covers reflectors came off also. One thing down.
When I bought mine I got it new off the dealer floor. While I was waiting for them to complete everything inside I took the bike outside and started peeling the decals and removing the reflectors lol.
welcome to the group brother! Kinda wished I had gone with the silver instead of black!

When I bought mine I got it new off the dealer floor. While I was waiting for them to complete everything inside I took the bike outside and started peeling the decals and removing the reflectors lol.
welcome to the group brother! Kinda wished I had gone with the silver instead of black!
My decals will be coming off as well for a different color scheme. Keeping the factory silver but changing up all the accent colors. They had 3 other black ones and this was the last silver just had to go for it.

Back