New Busa has a vibration on the highway

JerzyBusa

Registered
hey guys...I have a question for all of you that have a newer Gen2 Busa. I have a 2013 Hayabusa with just over 400 miles! I just starting getting it up to highway speeds I get a vibration. So from 82-85mph I get a real noticable vibration. Now the bike is still bone stock other than slip on's (Yosh promo) and I haven't changed oil yet. So every bike I have ever owned had a spot where the you hit a certain rpm and you would get a vibration but I really thought with this BIG BORE I wouldn't have it or at least it wouldn't be in the 44-4500 rpm range at only 80mph? Called my dealer and said it was normal but I wanted some more opinions!! Just wanted to see of this is normal or if anyone else has this on their 2013? The tires have weights on them and nothing looks obviously off... ???

thanks guys!

If it is the buzz in the tank you are feeling at 4500 RPM, that in 100% normal. All gen 2's do it, some more than others.
The dealer was correct this time.

it's even true for the Gen1 busa. My 2000 has the buzz between 4000 - 4500 RPM. It's something you get used to over time. I rarely notice it these days but I know it is still there.

Mine does it at about the same rpms.
Don't worry about it. Some say it lets you know to hang on because it is about to wake-up.

You may also notice the growl at about 3500 when you twist the throttle.

Don't worry about it. Some say it lets you know to hang on because it is about to wake-up.

Well said. I love that growl too.

BTW, my 2011 has the same buzz around 4500

Now the bike is still bone stock other than slip on's (Yosh promo)

On my 2013, I didn't notice any vibration at all until I installed the Yoshi slip ons. As much as I hate to say this, those heavy-ass OEM mufflers are designed to provide some degree of vibration damping and you'll definitely feel a difference when you replace them with lightweight aftermarket slip ons.

I had the same thing happen when I changed the OEM mufflers on my Blackbird to Microns and things returned to normal when I put the very heavy OEM Honda mufflers back on the bike.

I did eliminate some of the vibration when I added Throttlemeister HEAVY bar ends but those don't quite make up for the loss of damping by removing the OEM mufflers.

That said, ALL motorcycles vibrate to some degree. It may be at a frequency that you'll never even notice and you'll proudly tell everyone that your bike has absolutely zero vibration but that's not true. It vibrates at a frequency that you can't feel or that doesn't bother you. Other motorcycles vibrate at frequencies that will turn your hands to stone within 1/2 hour and those will require gel grips, Grip Puppies, heavy bar end weights and you'll still hate the fact that you can't enjoy riding your new bike.

It takes about 10 minutes to change the mufflers on the bike. Try reinstalling the OEM mufflers and see if that helps.

Well said. I love that growl too.

BTW, my 2011 has the same buzz around 4500

Good points. In the helicopter there is somethng called translational lift. You feel a vibration when you get to about 15 knots of air speed and the rotor "disk" becomes more efficient. Beyond that speed the vibration is gone and it's Up, Up and Away!

Back