New Busa..Advice needed.

mehogfan

Registered
I had a friend who had to sell this bike in a pinch. I was the lucky person there I guess at the right time.

2006 GSXR 1300
This is supposed to be some sort of limited edition with all black.
Been strecthed 8 inches.
32,000 miles

Previous owner had chain come apart and tore some things up. Those have all been replaced. The only problem still remaining is there is a leak at the output countershaft seal. Once this leak is fixed and chain put back on we should be good.

Please excuse my ignorance dicussing the mechanics of these bikes. Not my strong suit. I have basic sense which usually pulls me thru.

Bike has been sitting for almost 2 years. I paid $1000. I think I have another 750 in repairs to get it back perfect.

Thoughts????????

busa06.jpg

2006 Limited Edition was white...

Do you have any pics of the damaged case ???
Posted via Mobile Device

It actually has a plack on the tree says limited edition. I was told it was because of everything is blacked out. But not a deal breaker for me either way. I have already got my specs and service manuals. This site is a wealth of knowledge for people in my situation. I thank you guys in advance for all the help.

BenB

PS. The cheerleader smiley jumping up and down scares the **** out of me.

I will do it this weekend and check what it is. Take a pic and report back here with it for opinions.

$1000 bucks and it runs, with clean title? That's a steal. Even another $1000 in misc parts and you still are singin'

Welcome! :bowdown: Make sure you do all the stuff that should be done when a bike has sat for a long time.

$1000 bucks and it runs, with clean title? That's a steal. Even another $1000 in misc parts and you still are singin'

Welcome! :bowdown: Make sure you do all the stuff that should be done when a bike has sat for a long time.

What he said :laugh:

an OE black frame with a clean title is worth about 1200-1500. the fairings are worth another 750 or so... you could come out way ahead without putting any money into if you decided to part it.

Congrats on the purchase. :welcome:

if it is the original fairings, the black with a black frame is an '07...congrats on what looks like it could be a great deal :beerchug:

You did good.

The 06 came with a Black Frame but the fairings on the LE were White, The 07 came with a Black Frame and Black Fairings, So either you have an 06 that has been painted or different fairings or a Black 07. Either way you did good.

unless i'm missing something the 99-07 manual is only the owners manual and i don't see the service one for 99-07 i see the service one for the other years but not this group

ooops forgot the main part of my post that was a helluva deal bro congratulations and welcome to the org

You did good.

The 06 came with a Black Frame but the fairings on the LE were White, The 07 came with a Black Frame and Black Fairings, So either you have an 06 that has been painted or different fairings or a Black 07. Either way you did good.

What he said, and welcome to the Org. Good job on the pics too, we woulda been all over ya asking for em: laugh:

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Back