New Busa, 1st oil change and a few upgrades

ItsDooomz

Registered
It was time for another Busa. I searched for a super clean low mileage 2014 in the fastest Red color and got lucky and found a brand new one in the crate. SOLD!

Had it shipped from Minnesota to my home in Florida and the fun begins.

As delivered with zero miles on the clock complete with reflectors, mud flap and passenger seat/pegs.

20180115_120656.jpg
20180115_121435.jpg

After a brisk break in period it was time for her 1st oil change and a few mods. She's a little longer, a little lower and a little louder.

Odometer reading after break in. Yes, I actually rode it 24 miles completely stock, including reflectors, mud flap and passenger seat, lol.

20180225_132702.jpg

20180225_132336.jpg

20180225_134414.jpg

Beautiful bike! Similar setup that I would run if / when i lower and stretch! Good quality parts there with all you have done!

Thanks, the motor is still stock except for pair removal, Power Commander, ECU flash, clutch and a case saver.

The plan is to get the chassis working properly and get some seat time racing 9.50 index and Street ET before I apply the BIG POWER. I'd also like to try and go 200 mph before the motor build.

Exactly, this is the bike Suzuki wanted to build, lol. Its about 61"ish" wheelbase. If I get it working properly, It should go high 1.40-low 1.50 short time and still have plenty of traction to spank the squids on the street.

Looks great! I always like red. 1.40's at that wheelbase would be doing very well. That should put you in contention for the 8.90 index unless you are heavy.

Ya, a 1.48 might be a little optimistic but I wouldn't be surprised to squeek out a 1.52. I'm 160 lbs in street clothes and not new to the game, but I'm alot closer to 50 yrs old than 30.

Last edited:
The swingarm is 4 over but the axle isnt all the way back. It's sitting somewhere between 2.5" and 3" over. It has adjustable window links and it's set as high as it will go in those photos. Any longer and I'd more than likely rub something on the street. It also has Brocks DragShock EZ. That's a nice piece for sure. Lots of adjustability.

Ya, a 1.48 might be a little optimistic but I wouldn't be surprised to squeek out a 1.52. I'm 160 lbs in street clothes and not new to the game, but I'm alot closer to 50 yrs old than 30.
Should be in the 8's then. FYI I'm closer to 50 than I am to ..... 60 so you are a youngster.

Back