New Build Lsr

I've been to a many 1 mile events and the fastest I've seen a truly stock Busa (unrestricted) achieve is the low 180s. I heard that Scott Guithre achieved a 191 with slight changes to the bike and a strong push from Mother Nature.

A buddy went 198 with a "stock motor" busa
Rick B valve cover had never been off the bike
that said he is a good rider with every other trick in the book
LSR front fender
Ceramic wheel bearings
Cut tank
ect ect ect

At Bonneville 2011 I got a 204.5 time slip on a stock Gen II with gutted stock mufflers, MR12, PC-V, ceramic wheel bearings, lowered 2" at each end. Valve cover had never been off.
With that being said, I was running 196-197 for days and got a fluke run where I got some help. In my mind I either got a big wind push going through the traps, the timing equipment screwed up or else they mixed up the slips.
One way or another I got the slip that said I did it, legit or not!!!!!!

Yeah, OutlawBusa went 202mph on a gen2 with an Alienhead, tune and rear sprocket.

To the OP, the gen2 has about 20 more hp than the gen1. So that's enough for a little more top end. The gen2 can do a best of 197mph stock.

When we say "stock" my mind always goes what the LSR rules consider Production class plus an unopened engine. Pretty much what it looked like at the dealer new (without mirrors). FYI, you can pickup 10 mph by lowering the bike and ceramic wheel bearings.

If I read the rules right land speed and SCTA rules are different for production, SCTA rule 7.3/ 7.3.3 Production engines shall be the same model as the frame being used and shall have STOCK EXTERNAL APPERANCE. It is written just like that. My interpretation is I can do anything inside the engine and inside the exhaust I want as long as I retain the stock bore. I may be wrong but that's how I read it.
Ok the bike has been slow going but I'm back at it. I had to raise the back of the air box because it was hitting the injector plugs and the angle was off about ten degrees causing the intake boots to have a 1/4" gap on the back where the connect to the throttle bodies. Not sure if it would cause a problem or not so I just fixed it. Got the fuel cell done, I used the stock pump housing, took off the fuel sending unit, milled out the housing to fit a Walbro pump and beefed up the wiring inside. Added a billet fuel rail with an Aeromotive bypass reg. The main harness is hooked up and working with 2 8 cell Antigravity Batteries so I can supply 24v to the starter. I also cut the bottom of Hayabusa fuel tank, I used the fuel pump seal on my tank and will use the top as a cover. I've mounted a Davies Craig EPW under the tank and the pump and fan controls will up top somewhere, and I had an old Mr Gasket cool can so I think I'll put it in the tail somewhere, I'm not sure if they work but it can't hurt. I'm waiting on some miscellaneous parts to finish up the fuel system. I'm not far off from starting the bitch!!!

IMG_3555.JPG

IMG_3556.JPG

IMG_3557.JPG

IMG_3558.JPG

If I read the rules right land speed and SCTA rules are different for production, SCTA rule 7.3/ 7.3.3 Production engines shall be the same model as the frame being used and shall have STOCK EXTERNAL APPERANCE. It is written just like that. My interpretation is I can do anything inside the engine and inside the exhaust I want as long as I retain the stock bore. I may be wrong but that's how I read it.
Ok the bike has been slow going but I'm back at it. I had to raise the back of the air box because it was hitting the injector plugs and the angle was off about ten degrees causing the intake boots to have a 1/4" gap on the back where the connect to the throttle bodies. Not sure if it would cause a problem or not so I just fixed it. Got the fuel cell done, I used the stock pump housing, took off the fuel sending unit, milled out the housing to fit a Walbro pump and beefed up the wiring inside. Added a billet fuel rail with an Aeromotive bypass reg. The main harness is hooked up and working with 2 8 cell Antigravity Batteries so I can supply 24v to the starter. I also cut the bottom of Hayabusa fuel tank, I used the fuel pump seal on my tank and will use the top as a cover. I've mounted a Davies Craig EPW under the tank and the pump and fan controls will up top somewhere, and I had an old Mr Gasket cool can so I think I'll put it in the tail somewhere, I'm not sure if they work but it can't hurt. I'm waiting on some miscellaneous parts to finish up the fuel system. I'm not far off from starting the bitch!!!

View attachment 1580446

View attachment 1580447

View attachment 1580448

View attachment 1580449
Hi. Very very nice work. I like the cool can it is best to keep the fuel as cool as you can. Did you use any heat shied for your tank and fuel lines? Do you need to put fire protection on the fuel lines? In my class I have to and it helps to keep the fuel cooler too.

I don't have a copy of the 2018 rules, but I do remember from the years past .... Overall: The intent of Production is that if you place a showroom stock bike next to a "Production" class bike, and a bike guy can't tell them apart. There is a rule that says if you stand behind the exhaust and look into the opening, you can't tell if it has been modified. They get really particular on Production. Heck, I personally know of a fellow racer that was denied a record in Production because he was running SS branded brake lines.

On engine size; you can run "up" to the class limit. A gen 1 Busa can run up to 1349.9 cc but not over.

Ok it's been a while with my daughters wedding, finishing up some customers bikes ans so on, so starting today I'm full time on the bike. I picked up some parts from Lookin4abusa's turbo bike. I did get the cooling system finished up with a Craig Davies EWP and fan controller, now it's on to the fuel system. I finished up the tank today. I had already built the bulk of the fuel cell, I took the busa tank and cut the bottom out and will use the shell as a cover, then I took the stock fuel pump and removed the fuel sending unit, regulator and stock pump. Installed a walbro H.V. pump with an external Aeromotive filter and regulator

If I read the rules right land speed and SCTA rules are different for production, SCTA rule 7.3/ 7.3.3 Production engines shall be the same model as the frame being

Any more pics of the battery box here, and/or model numbers on the batteries. I'm loving that setup

Back