New Build Lsr

Well the Murry sidewinder showed up today. I could not resist the yoush header for $60 bucks shipped to the door I'm going to put a cone on it and I'm going to build a header. Run them on a dyno and see which one make the most power

IMG_3356.JPG

Still waiting on bodywork it's three weeks over due. Steve Knecum (Knecum Performance) is building the motor and has been getting after it, so far he says what he'll do and does what he says. I could not be happier. I've purchased a few other setups from Airtech and they always deliver a quality product, so if it takes a little longer so be it, but I'm at a stand still without it. I have 97% of what I need to finish the bike either here or coming. So I'm using my time to upgrade the compressed air in the shop with a three stage compressor 120 gals. of storage and 1 1/4" copper lines, building a Buell Blast for my daughter to run at Bonneville in P/PP 500 and two bikes for customers. So hopefully soon I can really get started on the Hayabusa. I'd like to make Loring and El Mirage this spring

Still waiting on bodywork it's three weeks over due. Steve Knecum (Knecum Performance) is building the motor and has been getting after it, so far he says what he'll do and does what he says. I could not be happier. I've purchased a few other setups from Airtech and they always deliver a quality product, so if it takes a little longer so be it, but I'm at a stand still without it. I have 97% of what I need to finish the bike either here or coming. So I'm using my time to upgrade the compressed air in the shop with a three stage compressor 120 gals. of storage and 1 1/4" copper lines, building a Buell Blast for my daughter to run at Bonneville in P/PP 500 and two bikes for customers. So hopefully soon I can really get started on the Hayabusa. I'd like to make Loring and El Mirage this spring
Hi all. Loring Timing Association race dates for 2018, July 10th to the 15th Aug 29th to Sep 2nd.

Hi. Jurff you are close I will raise the rev limet to 12200 with a full Robinson trans with over drive 5th & 6th and a MTC Gen 2 clutch.

I would not raise limiter to 12.200, its set at 11,700 the stock Gen2 tach is off by 1000 rpm, so I would shift it 12,400 on the tach. The Gen2 clutch is a waste for a landspeed bike, it's made for dragracing, you'll have trouble trying to use the clutch like it's made too with tall gearing. You pin the throttle and throw the lever otherwise it's not being used. You can't leave on a starting line of a runway like it's a drag strip. It's not prepared for traction. You'll spin or wheelie up, you gradually feed it what it needs as you learn how to progress the throttle in 1st. Here is our Production bike running 220 at Loring.

I would not raise limiter to 12.200, its set at 11,700 the stock Gen2 tach is off by 1000 rpm, so I would shift it 12,400 on the tach. The Gen2 clutch is a waste for a landspeed bike, it's made for dragracing, you'll have trouble trying to use the clutch like it's made too with tall gearing. You pin the throttle and throw the lever otherwise it's not being used. You can't leave on a starting line of a runway like it's a drag strip. It's not prepared for traction. You'll spin or wheelie up, you gradually feed it what it needs as you learn how to progress the throttle in 1st. Here is our Production bike running 220 at Loring.
Hi Project 260. Frank at Powerhouse Is setting up the turbo and tune DME is helping with the motor. I am and old drag racer. So I will need a lot of help with this LSR stuff ! The motor should make over 600 rhp. What clutch would you use ? The one from NLR ? I am from New Bedford Ma. 774-328-2265. Any help would be great and thanks!

Back