New Build Lsr

Jruff

Registered
I'm building a bike to go to Bonneville next year. I started out with a new 2016 motor and planed on building a frame, to save time I bought a gen 1 frame and gen 2 forks, wheels, brakes and swingarm and get the bike setup to run that will give me time to build the frame with out rushing. The motor will be stock bore CP pistons 15:1 cr, billet crank, Ti rods the head was done by V&H. Tires Bridgestone RS10s. I have just started mocking the bike up, the Airtech bodywork comes in next week. I'll post new pics as I move along. I'll be running APS/G 1350

978.jpeg

1537.jpeg

1539.jpeg

IMG_3323.JPG

B37B1F59-FF8B-4375-A50B-366AA37D5EED-4739-000003E8BA619F76.jpeg

[QUOTE="sixpack577, how fast are you trying to go?[/QUOTE]
We'll see, since it's s new bike, I'm sure it will take some time to get it dialed in at a few LSR events then even more testing when I get it on the salt. I'm setting a personal goal of 200 for the first year. If I make it great if not there is next year

I would love to see the frame when your done. I would love to get my hands on a custom light weight frame for my drag bike. Wanna build 2? Lol
HI. You know what you are doing for sure what gears are using? I have my goals set for me,but do not want to say yet. I know I will need a ton of help to do it! I know I will not do the salt it makes a big mess of the bike it gets every were you do not want it!

HI. You know what you are doing for sure what gears are using?
Here's my plan for gears I'm going to buy the four front sprockets starting from the largest that will fit then go down and for the back just the opposite then test different combinations at different tracks and log the results including weather, wind speed, direction, altitude, track conditions and so on. Most likely do the same with two different size back tires

I would love to see the frame when your done. I would love to get my hands on a custom light weight frame for my drag bike. Wanna build 2?
The Busa frame is tough to beat for weight and strength, the new frame will be long and low with the motor possibly behind me. I'm most likely going to build the new frame by modifying a Busa frame.

Those are top shelf components for sure , that crank is a polished beauty , really like the piston choice , really like all the choice selection you are displaying actually !! :D What sort of Brembo's are you fitting up , I cant make out if axial mount or radial from pic . Really luv'n this build bro , keep us posted !! :super:

Awesome. Seems no matter what I have planned for my bike, it pales in comparison to a real race bike. I hope I can do something like this someday. I wish you much good fortune with the build and of course, God's speed!

What sort of Brembo's are you fitting up , I cant make out if axial mount or radial from pic
I'm using a 2016 front end with ABS (not on the bike yet) so it's the stock radial mount Brembo calipers. The calipers and rotors will be removed when I go to Bonneville. Since I decided to start with custom frame i only had the Busa motor and have piecemeal together the frame you see in and the pics. I got lucky and picked up the motor, harness, speedo, front end, oil cooler, radiator, rear shock, rear sets etc. off a brand new 2016 that was damaged in shipping. So before someone asks, yes I am having a brand new motor torn down and built up. Why? Because it's not beat battered or abused.
[QUOTE="Mythos, post: 3221771, member: 21212 I wish you much good fortune with the build and of course, God's speed! [/QUOTE]
Thanks

Back