Sights: Fiber-optic front, ghost-ring rear
Trigger Pull Weight: 5 pounds
Overall Length: 39 inches
Length of Pull: 14 inches
Weight: 7 1/2 pounds

plan to add a TLR1 or 2 light w/ remote switch

nothing says really serious then a semi-auto 12ga

- Dumping Mossberg 930 SPX 00 Buck 2[/url]

i had bought a unfired mossberg 500a (used) last week, and the first question my wife asked was whether she had to "cha-chuck" it every time, made me think, in a crisis sit. , will she and i for that fact have the frame of mind to do all the steps , and to follow up after the 1st shot.

so i went to the gun show this weekend and sold the 500 for $25 more then i paid :laugh: and ponied up for the semi

Last edited by a moderator:
Shotgun of the year, 2009. there's a tactical 3" mag. wonder how controllable that is.

Very nice gun and you're right about now not needing to remember to pump it in a crisis situation but the opposite is also true . In a crisis situation if you fire a rnd or two and things are calm you must now remember that the gun is loaded and either obviously put it on safe or take rnd out of chamber . Sometimes people defend themselves and set gun down and forget it's a semi and reloaded itself .
Not saying you will but it's a common mistake made with semi shotguns as well as pistols .
Again beautiful gun .

Some of the most desirable ammo for these guns today is Federals load . It's designated LE132.
Tactical buckshot . High energy low recoil 00 Buck .
I shot alot of it and it's amazing how strong this load is with as little recoil as it has . Also shoots a nice tight pattern so you can place all balls onto a single target out for a pretty good distance . Check it out .
RIFLE/SHOTGUN AMMUNITION - Shotgun Ammo - FEDERAL TACTICAL 00 9 BALL BUCKSHOT (LE132-00) - 5 ROUND BOX

How much do they run? I woud love to have one of them

$569 at the gun show....

thanks blanca, i'll try some of those loads

I've got this one for home defense, among other things...

Mossberg 500 Cruiser 6-shot

http://www.mossberg.com/images/Mossberg_Guns/930/New/50440.jpg

its for the home, so i want my wife to be able to handle it as well. i had just bought /sold (within a week, and made $25) a moss 500a w/ a knoxx stock on it for this 930

Unless your shootin birdshot that pistol grip really rings your hands doesn't it...I really don't care to shoot it unless I have to. Its not a fun range gun at all. IMO.:thumbsup:

Yea, I've only had it out once up in PA. Ran birdshot and 00 buck, yea, afterwards the right hand was sore for 2 day. But I dont have it to take out and play with, it stays in the house. I've got a GSG-5, P89, Makarov 380, Tech-9, and S&W Airlight .22 to target shoot with. :)

You will love those rounds !
They shoot incredibly smooth and will still cycle most if not all semi auto guns .
I've shot at least 500rnds thru the two 1187s I have and my friend shot a bunch out of his Benelli .
Not a single FTF.
Only 'complaint' I would have if you can call it that is that with the controlled flight wad the pellets hold a tight pattern .
Even at 25yds they still shoot about a one foot group.
This is nice in the sense that you can place all pellets on a silhouette at 25yds and accurately aim it with a cylinder bore but up close say within 15-20 feet it is just a hole about 2-4 inches. They don't really spread .
That's why law enforcement likes them cuz they can aim accurately to distance with them .
There are a few loads .
I found the 00 buck with 9 pellet load to be one I like .
That is one designated LE132 and you can find it online.
Ammunition To Go : 250rds - 12 Ga. Federal LE Tactical Low Recoil 9 pell. OO Buck [LE132-00] - $229.95

for defense do you need a scope on a shotgun :laugh:

in the vid his little light fell off :rofl: maybe they were gonna shot at targets again once it's night time? ???:laugh:

for defense do you need a scope on a shotgun :laugh:

in the vid his little light fell off :rofl: maybe they were gonna shot at targets again once it's night time? ???:laugh:

Basically answer is no but a nice red dot sight that allows you to keep both eyes open while tracking target is a good thing .
Also in regard to lights on guns . Lights are really not used so much for the light but for the blinding effect a good strong one will have . Middle of night a good strong light shining in somebodys face will temporarily blind them and create a bit more of an intimidation factor in your favor .
By holding a light in one hand with arm extended all the way to side it can give impression to crook that that is where you are standing when in reality you are not there so it can create a bit of a space of safety should crook decide to shoot at you .
If he's in a dark room and you light him up and he decides to start shooting he's most likely gonna shoot at the light . By holding it out and away from your body it can decrease your chances of being hit .

Check out the stream light tlr1s LED w a strobe......it will Jack you up

I have a small handheld stream light w strobe, and 180 lumens, I was seeing spots 1/2 hr later

Last edited:
Back