New BMW WSBK contender

bigoltool

Registered
Seems the Germans have been busy! Just released some pic's and a youtube vid of the new world Superbike spec racer. This thing looks pretty well sorted from what I can see. Not much info yet but interesting for sure.

Link1

S1000RR_weba.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no faith. BMW is a fine bike, but all their previous claims of power and whatnot seemed unsupported in the end

BMW makes most rigid bikes, no questions about it. it will run forever. Most refined with best fuel delivery.

not most powerful though...

this one looks nice.

Looks like somebody stole a ZX-10 and copied it......

No faith in BMW for racing either........We'll see.
lurk.gif

2 BMW's finished in the top 10 - formula extreme race at Daytona..

not to bad if you ask me
beerchug.gif

Owner of a old BMW K100rs and a BMW enthusiast for over 30 years..
thumb_up.gif

I have no faith. BMW is a fine bike, but all their previous claims of power and whatnot seemed unsupported in the end
have you rode a k1200s?
is that their "Busa killer"? Never rode it, but it sure got quiet after it's release ;)

I love their bikes. Always have. I just don't think they'll be able to equal all the R&D the others have already put in. but I wish them luck.

I have no faith.  BMW is a fine bike, but all their previous claims of power and whatnot seemed unsupported in the end
have you rode a k1200s?
yes rode one at bikeweek, definately NOT the Busa Killer the salesman claimed it was. Heavier and needed about 40 50 more horses. Woulda been a nice bike about 15 years ago...vastly in need of an update and like all bmw stuff way overpriced for what you get.

Also rode the beamer twin, didn't like that at all. Funky engine twist, torques the whole bike and again...vastly underpowered and overpriced.

BMW does not make "bad-awful" bikes, they just have no value as someone already does whatever niche their bike is trying to fill way better and much cheaper.

Example-no way no how in no dimension can the 1200s even hope to hang with a busa or a zx14.
Take any model they got and I'll throw out a comprable example with more power etc. for a lot less money.
Their bikes are nothing special whatsoever.

I love their cars, their bikes can disappear off the planet and be completely forgotten about in a few years.

Hey, they can't do any worse than the Foggy fiasco. I'm glad to see another manufacturer coming in, whatever their results.
ThumbsUp.gif

The bigger thing at play here is that this thing will be the springboard to MotoGP for them. They have been pining for MotoGP for some time now and this is an easy way for them to get data on a lot of the tracks now on the circuit.

hijack.gif

the other thing that kills me is the HP2 sport

View attachment 1382396

...yeah neat looking bike for $26,000 it oughta be and doesn't have the performance of an 11,000 dollar GSXR1000    
wtf.gif
 (130 hp...big deal)

granted horsepower isn't everything but if you don't start with enouogh...the rest don't matter.

have you rode a k1200s?
yes rode one at bikeweek, definately NOT the Busa Killer the salesman claimed it was. Heavier and needed about 40 50 more horses. Woulda been a nice bike about 15 years ago...vastly in need of an update and like all bmw stuff way overpriced for what you get.

Also rode the beamer twin, didn't like that at all. Funky engine twist, torques the whole bike and again...vastly underpowered and overpriced.

BMW does not make "bad-awful" bikes, they just have no value as someone already does whatever niche their bike is trying to fill way better and much cheaper.

Example-no way no how in no dimension can the 1200s even hope to hang with a busa or a zx14.
Take any model they got and I'll throw out a comprable example with more power etc. for a lot less money.

I love their cars, their bikes can disappear off the planet and be completely forgotten about in a few years.
I was going to respond with a big right up but you are so full of shid it just isn't worth my time, as I know better.
winkold.gif

I have no faith.  BMW is a fine bike, but all their previous claims of power and whatnot seemed unsupported in the end
have you rode a k1200s?

I was going to respond with a big right up but you are so full of shid it just isn't worth my time, as I know better.
winkold.gif
I rode em, they're nothing special and certainly not worth the money.

The 1200S is flat out outdated...course the whole opposed twin isn't exactly cutting edge powerhouse now is it 
tounge.gif

I paid 11,ooo otd for my '06 Busa...what is it about the heavier, slower, 1200s that justifies an additional 4-5000$...oh, it must be all the aftermarket accesories...and I'm full of shid  
rock.gif

If you like 'em good for you  
thumb_up.gif
I'm bang for the buck person and been spoiled by a Busa.

BTW-I had a dealer in longwood quote me on their goldwingabago wannabee at 29,000 otd  
pillepalle.gif

I think I'll just buy a wing for 22,000 when it's that time

Isn't the maintance on the beamers a little anal to? I dunno, heard a few former owners talking in the demo line.

Back