New BMW dyno numbers are in - S1000RR makes 183HP at the rear wheel

So what ? She wont last longer than two fast rides.Transmision will brake for sure.What BMW knows for high HP's.:moon:

Last edited:
I think it looks like a big step forward in the liter bike catagory but it is not a bike designed like the busa or for even the same job..

The bike is an RR as in "race ready"... on a road track? I have little doubt the bike will be probably 1 full second faster per corner per lap than the busa... But that is what the bike is meant for... try riding the thing a few 500 mile days and call back.. :)

I would not mind having the thing even if there is no way I could put the power down to the track yet... lots of new stuff on the thing...

Heck but look at the horse power for the price. I would still take a Busa anyday. I would probably take a ZX10 over that one also. BMW's a pretty pricey on parts and repairs.:whistle:

Heck but look at the horse power for the price. I would still take a Busa anyday. I would probably take a ZX10 over that one also. BMW's a pretty pricey on parts and repairs.:whistle:

Busa $13,199 msrp
BMW RR $13,800 msrp

I bet that's a heck of a bike. The BMW and Aprillia's new V4 I think are
raising the bar yet again.

http://www.bmwplanetpower.com/

I wont rehash my opinion of Suzuki's Gen II update but...
with 350 (and not limitied to only 350) additional cc(s)
should we as Busa owners, even be having this conversation
(yet again, and again, and again)

Personally, I don't like how it's not symetrical side to side
and looks stupid (imho) from the front. But it is impressive...

Last edited:
Remember, according to some a STOCK bike will never dyno close to it's advertised CRANK HP.... :rofl:

The 1000RR is a neat bike for sure. Price goes up quite a bit when you start adding on the factory "options", i.e. electronics. Around my part of the country, BMW dealerships are very few and far between (closest is in Arkansas I think). So the general lack of support would rule it out for me too.

What BMW knows for high HP's.:moon:
Nothing......:whistle:

bmwsauber2006launch-lg.jpg

Should be interesting when the run some side by side comparisons with other liter class bikes. Putting the power down should be easier with race abs and traction control!

Nothing......:whistle:
I mean how the peripherals can support such a strong engine...in motorcycles...A major project in BMW motorcycles (for the last two years)is to increase their gearbox durability .Tests(by BMW)have shown that their gearboxes are last on the list by far of the next competitor.These are my latest informations by someone who works for BMW Germany to the development dep.Concerning Europe all of those K 1200 S's have been disappeared like magic or they are forgoten unsolded to some dealers with a sign "special offer" on them.....while older busas selling like madness

I mean how the peripherals can support such a strong engine...in motorcycles...A major project in BMW motorcycles (for the last two years)is to increase their gearbox durability .Tests(by BMW)have shown that their gearboxes are last on the list by far of the next competitor.These are my latest informations by someone who works for BMW Germany to the development dep.Concerning Europe all of those K 1200 S's have been disappeared like magic or they are forgoten unsolded to some dealers with a sign "special offer" on them.....while older busas selling like madness

BMW/German engineers are legendary (IMHO), IF they have a problem...it wont last
for long

Back