New Bike on It's way!

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
New to the Group and I have been loving it here. Tons of good information and good people. Just got the call I have been waiting for from my dealer, my 02 LE is inbound from Atlanta, new in the crate, I couldn't be happier.
I have a couple questions though, I was thinking about getting the extended warranty (5) years. Any thoughts?

Second question is about pricing, anybody have any good recommendations as to where to start negotiating?

I figure that because I made the request for that particular bike my leverage has been compromised to some extent. Any thoughts?
rock.gif

I'm going to get some Heli-Bars, and some Yoshi slip ons, cannot decide between Suzuki Gel or Corbin I hear good things about both, it can wait.
Anyway big thanks to the Captain for running this thing and to everyone for being so helpful, there seems to be a real serious lack of B.S. here and thats refreshing.
Laters
thumbs-up.gif

Anyway big thanks to the Captain for running this thing and to everyone for being so helpful, there seems to be a real serious lack of B.S. here and thats refreshing.
Laters
thumbs-up.gif
 We have a lot of fun here and try to help as much as we can.  Captain runs a clean ship and this is the way we like it.  Thanks Captain

Anyway I am running Yosh RS3 slipons and they sound great.  Other then that I can't help you with the other mods as mine is all stock.  I have heard good thing about the gel seats and if I were going to switch seats that is what I would go with.
Jim

Welcome.

Get the warranty.

Suzuki Gel.

Stand up wheelies!!!!!!! LOL. I only say that 'cause I'm so excited I just learned how to do a GOOD stand up wheelie on the Busa.

Love your selection of THE FASTEST COLOR on one wheel or two!!!!!!!!!

Busa_side.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Right on, Busahigg. You know I didn't even know about <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orangered'>THE</span></span> Fastest color, until I got here. Undertail looks sweet BTW. And I think I will get the Warranty...Part of my whole peace of mind scheme in life.
BTW, How do you like the sound of the D&D Pipes, I have heard they are pretty darn loud...do you think too Loud??
I am thinking Yoshimura Zyclone's in Stainless but the Carbon looks real good with the black.
Thanks again,

Later

The carbon d and d's are not loud at all. NOW the stainless, they are loud. I've never heard the Yosh Zyclones. Yosh IS made for suzuki though.....should sound good.

BTW, that's not an undertail....I just cut off the turn signals and most of the crappy mudflap. I got the turn signal integrator from U haul for $20 and about two hours to cut off the flap and pretty it up.

Post pics when you get your Busa, and have fun.

Thats funny about you taking a tool to your big assed mudflap, I have done the same thing to my last two bikes, I just didn't want to fess up to taking the moto-tool to my machinery. Honestly I really never have understood why someone would pay a $100 or so for a fender eliminator when just a couple of hours you can clean it up real nice. Looks good and I will be doing the same soon after I get it. I may actually buy a seperate rear fender from a salvage yard and trim that, leave the stock one intact.
Iwill have to check into D&D, The Carbon looks sweet!

If you can afford a full system then skip the slip ons. Less weight more power (most likely you can drop 20 lbs and gain 10 hp). I am a firm believer in carbon cans. Won't burn the girl's leg. I loved the Corbin on my ZX-9 and hate it on the Busa. I think it really boils down to personal preference. I haven't tried the gel yet. As far as fender eliminater the Top Gun Tail from www.alliedbater.com looks absolutely amazing. Check out Cbriggs site. It is a better pic than the AlliedBarter site. GET STAINLESS BRAKE LINES. The brakes are mushy compared to any other bike I have ridden. New screen. A double bubble or touring screen. I am 6 ft and can't see the top half of the gauges unless I am tucked in. Beyond that is up to you. Have fun.

I love my SE, you made a great choice. I am all for getting a full system instead of slip-ons. A few more hundred dollars but well worth the gains you will get. My Akra. Evo. was a lot more money than most but I think you get what you pay for. Another great mod would be to gear that beast down, maybe a 16 tooth up front. Great for wheelies and roll-ons and you will be glad you did it if you ever ride with a ZX12 or a GSXR 1000!!! Have fun and be safe.

Thanks for tips ya'll.  I know this is Blasphamy but I really...am not all that concerned with increasing the power output...
oh.gif
  I know it's almost Un-American...
 I want just the slip-ons because then I will not have to wrestle with the PAIR, my fueling, and my 5 year warranty doesn't get voided.  I just want something to give the bird a voice.  Not too loud <span style='font-family:courier'><span style='color:firebrick'>(Yeah I must be gettin old)</span></span> just a good throaty sound.
 I am thinking Heli-bars and gel seat first, then Double Bubble and Pipes.  Part of the reason I wanted the SE so Bad is that it removes the urge to polish everything, saving me time and money.  We'll that and <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>(BLACK IS THE PERFECT COLOR FOR THIS THING)</span></span>  
wink.gif
My old Kanned TunA was black, good stuff.
 Trimming the fender and fiddling with the final drive are on the list as well.  For me top speed isn't where it's at, I groove on acceleration, thats what gets me going.
Thanks for the tips...

Thanks for tips ya'll.  I know this is Blasphamy but I really...am not all that concerned with increasing the power output... :oh:   I know it's almost Un-American...
 I want just the slip-ons because then I will not have to wrestle with the PAIR, my fueling, and my 5 year warranty doesn't get voided.  I just want something to give the bird a voice.  Not too loud <span style='font-family:courier'><span style='color:firebrick'>(Yeah I must be gettin old)</span></span> just a good throaty sound.
 I am thinking Heli-bars and gel seat first, then Double Bubble and Pipes.  Part of the reason I wanted the SE so Bad is that it removes the urge to polish everything, saving me time and money.  We'll that and <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>(BLACK IS THE PERFECT COLOR FOR THIS THING)</span></span>  ;) My old Kanned TunA was black, good stuff.
 Trimming the fender and fiddling with the final drive are on the list as well.  For me top speed isn't where it's at, I groove on acceleration, thats what gets me going.
Thanks for the tips...
LOL, Look how shy he was back then.

polorbear2.jpg

It's Pac's Fault... Then Lazer stepped on his bobo...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back