New Bike Just Saved Me $$$

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
When I bought the Busa in June I had the wife get insurance quotes. The cheapest was Geico. About $750 for the year.

When I bought the Connie I was talking with the sales guy about insurance and he gave me the card of a local broker. I decided to call him before Geico. Well, no need to call Geico. He can insure BOTH bikes for for just over what I was paying for the Busa, with lower deductibles and better coverage. I was so shocked that I didn't believe him. He says the premium will drop even lower at renewal.

Policy is with Dairyland/Viking. Anyone have any experience with them? Pros/Cons?

I have, actually, Dairyland, anyways. My dealer recommended a local broker to me, I checked them out, and because I'm a young guy with.... not the best driving record (Never been pulled over on a bike) they tried to put the screws to me. That, and when I tried to cancel my policy, they gave me a pretty hard time. Overall, I'm not a fan, though my experience has likely been tainted between my own history and one ******* broker, rather than the company as a whole.

I was floored on the insurance after buying my Busa last year. Had my Katana on Progressive Insurance from something like $540 (with very high coverage limits and low deductibles). The Busa with the same coverages was nearly $2,000. I kept lowering coverage limits, took out bodily injury, towing, and raised deductibles to $1000 to get the quote down under $600 a year. Then I called State Farm, who I already use for my house, truck, 2 cars, and an umbrella policy. Back up to full coverage, high limits, low deductables, for just a little over $500 a year.

I pay 738 for my 07 Harley and my 08 Busa with DLand. Geico wanted 1700 just for the Busa.

I'll have to check 'em out. I have both busas and my car insured w/State Farm and I think it's fairly reasonable...but $ saved is $ earned!

Thanks, Russ!

I had my car insured with Dairyland. Before I bought my busa I considered a zx14 and Dairyland wanted $4000 a year full coverage.

Now I have my car and busa through State Farm.

I was paying $1200 a year with state farm for my 01 GSXR 1K and 07 GSXR 1K. Thats with a $50 deductible. I just sold the 01 so know I pay $650 a year for the 07.

I pay about 700.00 for Geico for my 2005 Busa - $200 deductible comp/collision (full coverage). No tickets, no wrecks.

I just switched to Dairyland from Geico. The price was suprisingly good. I hope the service is also good, but also hope I never have to find out.

Geico's quotes to me were always about 30% higher than State Farm. Progressive is completely ridiculous (guess how they pay for all those T.V. spots?) and their customer service is the worst I've ever encountered, bar none.

Farm Bureau had pretty good rates, but their customer service wasn't all that great either.

--Wag--

I am with Progressive, $815 a year for a 92 sportster and the busa. In California State Farm is outragous for bike insurance. They were charging me almost that much for a 72 cb750!

Back