new bike 2000 busa

tommyB

Registered
Ok here it goes. my vfr 750 just isnt cuttin it anymore. This guy is sellin a 2000 busa blue-silver for $6500 with slight mods includin a yosh carbon system. this hopefully will crave my need for speed. im 16 with good experience, my first bike was a 600 and a year after i rode on the busa. the 600 and 750 feel like mopeds compared to it. Im gettin the busa tomorrow and all i have to do is throw racing tirez on it. ive already sold my vfr back to the original owner cause he decided he anted it back i guess. See ya on the road.

Tommy B :D ;) :cool: :)

16? I hope you like wasting a ton of cash on insurance. I'm 24 and all the quotes I've had on a 'busa have been well over $2k per year with $1000 deductibles.. and that's with no points on the license. USAA gave me a quote of $900 / year WHEN I'm 25.. so I'll be waiting until then.
si.

16:super: You musta just got your drivers licsense to drive an automobile on the street and now you are buying the Quickest and Fastest factory production street legal motorcycle on Earth that does 9.90's in the 1/4 and almost 200mph so you can ride it on public streets too?:super:?

...................................................................................
ummmmmmmm........ Nevermind.. It dont help........    

Wow, it didn't take ya long to outgrow the VFR! You got it like a month or 2 ago right? Its nice driving the king of da road, so I see yer point...hehe

So How exactly do you have a year behind you riding a 600, a 750, and now a Busa, at age 16?

Just keep your head on your shoulders, I recommend a helmet for this, also I dunno how much fun you are really going to have on a Busa, seriously...

I mean, it is going to be a steep learning curve and it's going to take a whole lot of self control at 16 or any age I suppose not to end up over extended on the Busa. A bike with less mass, power and physical size is going to be a whole lot less intimidating, and probably a whole lot more fun. Not to mention you will actually be able to insure a smaller bike a lot easier. I dunno, keep the board posted, wear the gear, have fun...

Unless of course you grew up roadracing or something like that...

Oh And Just what are you going to do with Racing tires?:super: Actual DOT racing tires are about useless on the street, unless you have a mass of curves just a mile away or so. Besides, they are expensive, wear fast and after a few to many heat cycles will harden up and be next to useless...

16 hummmmmmmm

I guess you have to ask yourself the question, when your friends are yelling for you to do something "stupid", do you do it, or can you resist?
Really this question needs to be asked by all who ride, no matter what their age, If you can handle the peer pressure, that is a BIG step in the right direction.
We just do not want you to be another stat. You age group is way over represented in the accident reports.

Either way, good luck and enjoy :)

Ride safe  

Congratulations on getting the Busa. Just respect it because if you don't it bites back hard.

word... on the bites back hard... I like the term violently. Knowing that there is not a sole on earth that can talk you out of it, I just hope you learn lessons with the rubber side down...

good luck man... I remeber what it was like to be 16 and ballz. Come to think of it, that is one of the reasons young people make good soldiers; NO FEAR.

ride on...

Cloud

16 hummmmmmmm

I guess you have to ask yourself the question, when your friends are yelling for you to do something "stupid", do you do it, or can you resist?
Really this question needs to be asked by all who ride, no matter what their age, If you can handle the peer pressure, that is a BIG step in the right direction.
We just do not want you to be another stat. You age group is way over represented in the accident reports.

Either way, good luck and enjoy :)

Ride safe  
I'm 36 and I still can't resist...

( :

16 is pretty young, but... You gotta do, what you gotta do!

practice makes perfect bro! Or, close to it anyways.

Good Luck TommyB,
If I had a busa at 16, I doubt I'd be here today. I almost did myself in on a 55hp Harley, but, of course, you'll use good sense and have a good time. Remember the chicks love you more without road rash all over your body. Take care.

Back