New Best with 16t 42t

Ft Campbell Busa

Registered
Just picked up my Busa from the stealership today after I had my 16T front and 42T rear installed. My best last week on the stock Busa was 6.71 in the 1/8th  and today I went 6.60 on the third pass. My mph went up about 8mph btw. I was able to launch much lower yet come out of the hole harder. My wife and friend said that you could hear the tire squeeling all the way down the track on some passes with the Shinko. I did also notice that I did not have any bogging issues off of the line. I lowered my launch from a previous 5-6000rpm to 2000-4000 today and never bogged. Last week the bike would bog under a 5000rpm launch. Overall, I am happy with the sprocket combo and will add that the bike is easier to launch now. I just need to stretch it and do the clutch mod. Thanks

beerchug.gif

Glad to hear the feedback! What clutch mod are you doing..... the Hub or the cushion? I might be able to save you a potential problem or two with the setup.

(Professor @ Jul. 14 2007,10:46)
beerchug.gif

Glad to hear the feedback!   What clutch mod are you doing..... the Hub or the cushion?  I might be able to save you a potential problem or two with the setup.
Speak on it. I'm doing both.

S13%20Ultra%20Layout%20thumb.jpg

S13%20CCK%2002-03%20thumb.jpg

Hey FCB ... congrats. I'm taking that route in about a month or so.

(Professor @ Jul. 14 2007,07:46)
beerchug.gif

Glad to hear the feedback!   What clutch mod are you doing..... the Hub or the cushion?  I might be able to save you a potential problem or two with the setup.
Lol, I hear you all mention doing this mod yet I did not know it was a difference. Still a newbie so which one would be better? I was going to get it from schnitz so which would you recommend?

I'm not 100% sure what they do but they somehow prevent the clutch from locking up on launch which allows for a smoother take-off. If you look at my pics, the first can be installed alone. The second has to be installed in conjunction with the first (at least according to Brock).

Couple of quick thing as I’m getting ready to go to the track.

Talking basically stock bike based on my experiences and much information I have gathered.. Others may have different opinions.

1) I don’t see the price value of the Brocks cushion kit over the factory cushion kit.  
If you have a 99-01 yes, you need a cushion kit 02-up oem or Brocks.

2) I do see value in the clutch adjustor wheel included in the kit but only if you do not have pazzos but it is available separately.

3) You have to have a sprocket cover brace or billet cover as you will have to increase spring pressure with a locked hub. Keep the stock setup and you’ll be replacing covers.

4) The oem hub is a mini-lockup. As it is engaged it increases pressure against the pack. That is the reason the spacers are included, t increase spring tension for the lack of lockup.

5) The springs included with the cushion kit are stiff, overkill for a stock bike.

6) You need to inspect and build the clutch stack to 2.00 inches. Order 4 or 5 thick OEM plates (steels) to adjust your stack.

7) Order a new set of OEM springs as they loose tension.  I also bought a set of Barnett’s
Part number 501-36-06126 (yellow) I use 4 OEM springs and 2 Barnettes with the Brock spacers. Still a decent clutch pull but not over kill.

I just pulled mine apart to inspect it last night. After about 100 passes, it had lost about .036†of stack height, no big deal. I'm hard on it slipping it past the 60' to keep the front down on my stock wheelbase bike. Everything was within specs. I swapped in 3 thick steels for thins to get it back to 2.00†and put in a fresh set of springs I had in the box.

My original clutch started slipping about 75 passes. I hadn’t built it to these specs. I caught it before it hurt it and got the stack height back correct for a good spare. I’ve fixed a few more the same way since.

Back