New Battery issues...help please

CadOps

Registered
Im thinking it is the 30a fuse, I think its under the front seat?
Where is the 30a fuse and how do I get to it? I have looked and looked.
I am going to try the spare fuse.
If I can see the darn thing.

Always good to mention the year of your bike when asking a question. In this case I don't think it matters. Attached are a couple pictures. Gen 1 & 2...
Not being rude, but... Even if you are going to do something as simple as changing a fuse. You should have a service manual. Not only will you get the answers you want faster. But you'll learn a little about your bike...

gen1.jpg

gen2.jpg

Always good to mention the year of your bike when asking a question. In this case I don't think it matters. Attached are a couple pictures. Gen 1 & 2...
Not being rude, but... Even if you are going to do something as simple as changing a fuse. You should have a service manual. Not only will you get the answers you want faster. But you'll learn a little about your bike...

View attachment 1592362

View attachment 1592363
Awesome,
It is a gen2.
I had read that it was under the front seat or under the tail faring.
Thanks for the reply.

I had gotten some sparks connecting the new battery,
I had read that it could be that fuse that got cooked.
It is supposed the protect the ECM from taking the damage.

Thanks again

There's also a main fuse from the positive connection of the battery to the rest of the system. I believe it's a 30amp jobbie.

Follow the short positive lead from the battery, (about 20cm long) to the small terminal block junction. There is a connection with the fuse in it and the other side positive goes to the bikes electrics.
I'll see if I can find a picture and post back.

There's also a main fuse from the positive connection of the battery to the rest of the system. I believe it's a 30amp jobbie.

Follow the short positive lead from the battery, (about 20cm long) to the small terminal block junction. There is a connection with the fuse in it and the other side positive goes to the bikes electrics.
I'll see if I can find a picture and post back.
Yes, I believe that is the one I am looking for.
Thank you for the info.

Back