New Ball Python

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Here ya go. First feeding pictures. I am happy to say that she seems to be a good eater which is good. I have been told and read that sometimes Ball Pythons can be a little picky.

Don

feed1.jpg

feed2.jpg

feed3.jpg

LOL, yes, it is called a fuzzy. Still nursing mouse that has hair. They are frozen. I thaw them out and feed her with them.

Don

You named the mouse?! Why'd you name the mouse?! SHEESH!!! And fuzzy at that...

Oh yeah, looks cool getting eaten... I think fozzy should be scared...

fozzy.jpg

This is my first snake. Based on the research that I have done. It doesn't really matter. These type of snakes hunt by heat. If the food is warm and this is what they are started on, then most of the time you can feed them frozen food their whole lives. Safer for the snake too.

Don

(USN05LE @ Jul. 08 2007,22:58) LOL, yes, it is called a fuzzy. Still nursing mouse that has hair. They are frozen. I thaw them out and feed her with them.

Don
That is WILD
super.gif

Next door neighboor had a Sugar Glider, amongst other animals. Occasionally she feeds it pinkies and it tears them to pieces. I've told her I get to watch it feed next time. It seems very cool.

good lookin baller...I've reared snakes and iguanas before...never really liked feeding them frozen - thawed prey, doesn't allow them to use their natural instincts. make sure not to feed her anything wider than the width of her body, also environment is abosutely critical, get her into something that will allow her to be raised from the bottom and something she can hide under, properly lighting/heat & shade/coolness at the right times. if you want her to get big, get a big tank and let her grow into it...the more room the better. Good luck...lots of fun when they can start eating rabbits and larger rodents.
beerchug.gif

(razorshark @ Jul. 08 2007,20:25) Good luck...lots of fun when they can start eating rabbits and larger rodents.
beerchug.gif
Hey I own rabbits and Memphis would not be happy to hear about snakes eating his kind....

and Rabbits aren't rodents.....

Memph.jpg

(Luvanicebum @ Jul. 08 2007,20:44) awwwwww....bunny wabbit.......
he looks cool, just chillin.
Memph isn't good at doing much aside from chilling. He eats, sleeps, drinks, lies around, and has sex with inanimate objects. Pretty much like his owner, except most of the things I sleep with are animate..... sorta.....

(Rylinkus @ Jul. 08 2007,20:54)
(Luvanicebum @ Jul. 08 2007,20:44) awwwwww....bunny wabbit.......
he looks cool, just chillin.
Memph isn't good at doing much aside from chilling. He eats, sleeps, drinks, lies around, and has sex with inanimate objects. Pretty much like his owner, except most of the things I sleep with are animate..... sorta.....
ah...the illusive trouser snake....be careful little bunny, its a trap!?! why is elmer fudd's kill da wabbit song playing in my head...

At first glance - the first pic sorta looks like a duck bill on the end of the snake's mouth - struck me as funny. Good luck with her!

Rylinkus - Memphis is a hottie! That's one tasty... I mean cute bunny there... really... cute... *hissssss*

I think the mouse looked more like a Pinkie than a Fuzzie, as well.

But who knows. What I want to know is...What brand of Frozen Mice are you buying?

Please advise, and THANKS!

Scar

never used frozens...just have a clean source of live ones near me.
those rabbit owner will have no worries...a ball python rarely gets anything larger than a "large" size rat.

as for the "pickyness" ...that will come in various forms...mine will only eat male rats...that's her thing.

a good way to ruin the snake's eating pattern is to give it a gerbil (natural prey) .....you'll never get them back on rats after that....which is fine if you don't mind the expense and aggressiveness of the gerbils.

Yeah, Ive never seen or heard of a ball eating a rabbit. My burm would but rabbits are more expensive than rats. He would be just as happy with a 2 lb rat. I always feed my snakes live prey also. If the rat is too big or nasty I just grab it by the tail and smack its head against the table, stunning it. It is awsome to watch a snake attack a live animal, and a foot and a half rat screams like you wouldnt belive.

Yeah, Ive never seen or heard of a ball eating a rabbit. My burm would but rabbits are more expensive than rats. He would be just as happy with a 2 lb rat. I always feed my snakes live prey also. If the rat is too big or nasty I just grab it by the tail and smack its head against the table, stunning it. It is awsome to watch a snake attack a live animal, and a foot and a half rat screams like you wouldnt belive.

Back