New Advertiser -- Please welcome Dark Matter

Welcome!

NOOOOOOO! Not something else I'd love to have!

How is this powered? What electronics are involved? How many watts RMS is the amplifier putting out, per channel? Can I assume the amplifier is a 4-channel? What is the make of the mids and tweet?

It's powered from the bike and is designed to accomodate one of two configurations:

A) one 6.5" component speaker, one 1" component tweeter, two 3.5" coaxial speakers and a BLT 370 Bluetooth Audio/Mobile Phone Transceiver (Bluetooth device is sold separately) OR

B) one 6.5" coaxial speaker, one 1" tweeter, two 3.5" coaxial speakers and the BLT 370 (as above)

We recommend Clarian's BLT370 which allows not only for hands-free calling but also audio streaming and wireless playback control.

We stock Logic speakers. You can also buy the piece unloaded if you prefer your own speakers. (Refer to manufacturer's requirements for RMS power when determing the amplifier for the speakers.)

These parts are on sale right now - www.dark-matter-products.com.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Karen
DarkMatter

Droo - missed some of your questions - sorry.

The amplifier we recommend both because of its sound quality and small footprint is the Rockfordfosgate PBR300X4 (Rockford Fosgate® - PBR300X4) - yes, it is a 4 channel.

Though it is only rated at 75 watts x 4 RMS, the technical test data sheet that we received with ours has been 85 watts minimum.

Right now, we don't have separate power wires & RCA's, but we can make recommendations if you want. We'll be getting into that soon but not yet.

The amplifier we recommend both because of its sound quality and small footprint is the Rockfordfosgate PBR300X4 (Rockford Fosgate® - PBR300X4) - yes, it is a 4 channel.

Though it is only rated at 75 watts x 4 RMS, the technical test data sheet that we received with ours has been 85 watts minimum.

Right now, we don't have separate power wires & RCA's, but we can make recommendations if you want. We'll be getting into that soon but not yet.

Thanks for answering some questions. I wasn't sure whether your product was inclusive of an amplifier or not (you're saying it's not). I wanted to clarify whether additional accessories would be needed to get it rockin'. It appears, yes, an amplifier, power wire, negative wire, remote wire, and RCA's are still needed, even in the event someone buys your product that includes the speakers. This isn't a problem for me, as I'd want to run wires, pick the amplifier, pick my speakers, and set the gains myself!

Do you have any videos of it playing? Far away? Up close? Also, have you developed something that can cover it up when parked unattended or when caught out in the rain? Some of the pictures on your site appear to have a plexiglass (or equivalent) covering over the speakers. I can only imagine a crystal clear covering shaped in exact specification as the OEM hump.... wow!

We don't have videos up yet.

The piece is attached using the bike's brackets so we've had no problem with anything when the bike is parked. The speakers we sell are water resistant. There's no covering over the speakers - that must just be an odd glare or something in the pictures.

A second look at the pics appears to be the digital watermark that was applied to deter people from using your pics as their own... lol. are the screws to the speakers accessible from the outside?

are the screws to the speakers accessible from the outside?

It's reverse mount - our part fits onto the base of the rear seat (basically you just switch them out). The speakers are installed from underneath before you put the part on.

Carlos is working on some pictures and a video which we'll put up here as soon as we can.

interesting item. I not quite sold on the hump..yet, however how exactly to you get the amp turn on power? looking at the specs calls for 4-6V for amp turn on? thanks in advance..

Back