New addition to the GSX-R1000

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, what do you guys know about this...
It seems that the 07 Liter bike is going to have a way to change the performance to different types of riding conditions...
or am I reading it wrong...
Someone splain this to me...

New engine management system is four time more powerful than the previous system and allows the rider to choose from three engine settings to match riding conditions with a handlebar mounted switch...

A new easy-to-read instrument cluster includes a step motor controlled analog tachometer, digital LCD speedometer, dual tripmeters, clock, convenient gear position sensor, rpm indicator light and a new LCD engine mode indicator displaying which performance setting has been selected by the rider...

David

(Devious @ Sep. 27 2006,07:29) Okay, what do you guys know about this...
It seems that the 07 Liter bike is going to have a way to change the performance to different types of riding conditions...
or am I reading it wrong...
Someone splain this to me...

New engine management system is four time more powerful than the previous system and allows the rider to choose from three engine settings to match riding conditions with a handlebar mounted switch...

A new easy-to-read instrument cluster includes a step motor controlled analog tachometer, digital LCD speedometer, dual tripmeters, clock, convenient gear position sensor, rpm indicator light and a new LCD engine mode indicator displaying which performance setting has been selected by the rider...

David
I think you have read that right. Let's just hope that when they introduce the new and hopefully improved Hayabusa that they will put some of that tech stuff into it. Sounds pretty amazing.

hmmm....
firedevil.gif

In an announcer voice, and I qoute:

"Controlling the new 2007 GSX-R1000 is a new engine management system with massive computing power with four times the capacity of the previous models. The new ECM controls not only the fuel injection and exhaust systems but also make it possible for the rider to select from three performance settings to match riding conditions, using a three way switch mounted on the right handlebar. Engine mapping will vary for each setting and each map was developed using experience gained building racebike maps for rainy, mixed and dry conditions. Switching from map to map will be instantaneous making it possible for the rider to use different maps for different sections of the racetrack. A new self adjusting hydraulic clutch system uses a radial master cylinder and minimizes the change in clutch feel over the course of long races."

My source: 1000rr.net

All I can say is...what happens to your super techno 3 way controlled computer maps when you slap on aftermarket exhaust and such?

I think I prefer the old system of a PCIII and my bike tuned to maximum performance and I'll just control my own wrist.

so three power commanders will be needed
laugh.gif
, haha, but i wonder how this will work?

and what are the settings going to be? , honda beater, yamaha beater, and kawi beater?
biggrin.gif

Actually, this is excellent news! You only have to have your Power Commander tuned to the best map they provide of the three after making your performance mods.

Who gives a dang if your Power Commander isn't tuned to all three. At any given moment, you can simply flick the switch to your max performance map and be off and running.

Hopefully, one of the three included maps will yield a more conservative fuel economy for on those long hauls in traffic or when you're running low out in the middle of nowhere. Very cool coming from Suzuki. In fact, awesome!

While this is not a TRUE traction control device like AMA, WSB or MotoGP, the setting can be utilized such that while on the main straights=full power setting; corners=low power for more traction and less wheel spin.

(Quasar @ Sep. 27 2006,07:22) Actually, this is excellent news! You only have to have your Power Commander tuned to the best map they provide of the three after making your performance mods.
+1

Exactly what Chip from KWS Motorsports said.

Back