New addition :D

Rich

Registered
Well here is a teaser pic, I am going to take the bike down to bigger danno this weekend and have him dyno tune it/look over the bike and make sure that everything is right. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will be up and about
biggrin.gif

Turbo_Install__Large_.JPG

Hey you got some kind of strage metal hanging of the front of your engine you might want to get it check out??? jk you install yourself?

Hey Rich, Where does the radiator go? Or is there room and the picture just makes it look like there isn't???

Hey you got some kind of strage metal hanging of the front of your engine you might want to get it check out???  jk you install yourself?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Ya I installed it myself but I am going to have Bigger Danno look over it all while he has it and make sure everything is cool.

<!--EDIT|Rich
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100821270 -->

biggrin.gif

just out of curiosity, how loud are those without full pipes on them?
It is not too loud
biggrin.gif
 I really like the way that it sounds.  It is louder than any of the aftermarket pipes that I have heard.  It does not help that it is right out the side (front) of the bike instead of directed towards the back.

Is it possible to put any sort of real exhaust system on with the turbo kits, or do they all have to exit right out the right fairing?

Apparently they do. Mr Turbo, among others.

<!--EDIT|ChronosWS
Reason for Edit: "Answered my own question"|1100824381 -->

My neighbor at work just had his new 04 turboed this summer. Done by Dennis (themotorhead), they are good friends. Anyways, Dennis has HMF build a special can so you still have a right side can just like a 4-2-1 system. There still is one pipe at the fairing, but the other comes back just like a real exhaust. So for the most part, without looking close you'd never know the turbo was there. As far as sound, it's loader than the stock pipes, but quieter than my Micron race. To be honest, I can't even hear his bike when we are riding side by side over my bike, but he can hear mine. It's actually a sweet set-up (kinda a sleeper). Mostly custom by Dennis.......Mitsubishi turbo, carillo rods, custom inter-cooler.............about $9500.00 out the door on the friendship finance scale, have no idea what it would of cost the average joe. Anyways, about 350 rwhp with room for more if they decide to up the boost, can't remember what that is right now.

LQQkn good Rich, did you make any adujustment to your timing ?

hmmm, lookin good
cool.gif

Love to see the dyno chart and pics when you get it all back together
biggrin.gif

Back