New 2019 Busa - Need advice

Jon Wine

Registered
Hey Guys, Happy to have joined the Busa Clan here

I've had 6 bikes in my life, 5 sport bikes and 1 cruiser, and even though I always looked at the Busa with admiration, for one reason or the other I never got around buying one. This year with all the articles about the busa not being made for the Euro market, and all the bs about emissions, and maybe the busa getting retired - I said: F@#$ it! It's a sign that I should get it before it's too late. So I did. Got myself a 2019 brand spanking new black busa, and it's even better than I thought it would be! What an amazing bike! I'm loving every minute of it.

So I immediately got R77 Carbon fiber Yoshimuras (Cause I love their sound and looks) and was wondering what other little tweaks I can do to improve performance on this beast? I dont really want to do engine mods or tear downs since it is under warranty for 3 years, but would like to know what other mods I can do it, and what really works. I've been out of the bike mods world for 9 years, so I don't know if the old stuff like air filters, power commander, and things like that are (Jet kits obviously not anymore) still available or used nowdays. Anyhow, I'll let you Busa Masters enlight me!

Thank you guys!
Looking forward to learning and sharing

JW

Last edited:
Welcome, glad you got the fastest color.....
What you mentioned is still relevant, and an ECU flash is a great investment also. Members with gen 2s report it really wakes the bike up. One of our board sponsors @POWERHOUSE offers a special deal to members for this service, everyone's been highly satisfied with this service from him.

Hey there! Thanks for the reply
That sounds good. I will reach out to him

Welcome and great looking steed...

Since it's brand new and under warranty, I'd be cautious as to what I did to it in case it voids the warranty.

Hey man! Thanks.
Yeah loving this sweet ride : )

I agree with you, that's why I'm trying to get advise from other members that have gone through it. I dont want to void the warranty, but I would like to tweak it as far as I can. Little things here and there.

Hey man! Thanks.
Yeah loving this sweet ride : )

I agree with you, that's why I'm trying to get advise from other members that have gone through it. I dont want to void the warranty, but I would like to tweak it as far as I can. Little things here and there.

I'd be asking Suzuki as they will be the ones honoring the warranty (or not).

GSXR 1K mirrors are a good mod.
Depends what you like but Helibars and drop pegs (like 08BusaKY) mentioned are good for comfort.
Tank protectors are handy (back and side),
Side stand modification is a good thing(many threads on that-use search feature)

Other than those small things, get on it and ride it....you don't get winter so have fun...

Jump on board with the Ti addicts and then your pocket book can take a thrashing and of course it's a good hobby searching for Ti bits and bobbles I hear.

"Might" the man says LOL. were it me. I would ride the bike A lot Find out what you do and do not like and go from there
Bars to low? Heli bars or Garman riser. With the correct parts perhaps both
Pegs too high? Buell pegs. Not too high? move on.
Seat comfy? move on. Not comfy? Sargent Corbin or talk to c10
To quote someone I respect It is the small block Chevy of motorcycles. You can get anything and everything for a Busa
One thing I would do is set the sag. I makes a lot of difference Either You and a friend can do it yourself or find a shop that knows what it is doing and get them to do it. It really does make a difference

Hi there mate , you must now feel very happy with yourself , you now know , as we already know , you did the right thing and bought that Busa !!
Looks like all the likely lads are filling you in on the right ideas and mods to go for , and perhaps slowly slowly till your birds allowed to soar free from those factory restraints . Welcome to the org bro !!
toad :thumbsup:

Back