New 2013 busa owner checking in and asking for advice. Thanks

Standaman

Registered
Hi everyone! First here's a little about me. I'm 31 years old from Canada "eh". This is my fourth motorcycle. I started with two carb ZX6R's and then moved on to a 2005 fuel injected gixxer 1000 pushing 200 on the rear. Now here's the project...

I'm looking to bring this beast at around 250-300 whp while keeping it as reliable as possible. Budget isn't much of a factor. I thouht of going turbo but I had many questions:

Which turbo kit would you reccomend and why?

Does this kit include an ECU flasher to unlock top speed and rev limiter?

Do I still need to buy a power commander or does a boost controller do just that?

Do I need to get my own air filter or do they supply one?

Can I have an exhaust that sounds good on my motorcycle that wont alert every cop in the neighborhood everytime I start it up?

Can I and SHOULD I install a blow off valve?

What mods should be done internally or to the clutch for everything to run smooth with a turbo?

What other kind of mods would you recommend to save considerable weight or increase power?

I already started with some esthetics basics like a double bubble windscreen, hid lights & a new kickstand.

Any input on braided brake lines with an ABS model?

Is it worth upgrading clutch line to braided?

I'm extremely grateful to everyone who will be helping me out.

Thanks everyone!

Welcome to the forum.. Here's my best shot at each question in red
Hi everyone! First here's a little about me. I'm 31 years old from Canada "eh". This is my fourth motorcycle. I started with two carb ZX6R's and then moved on to a 2005 fuel injected gixxer 1000 pushing 200 on the rear. Now here's the project...

I'm looking to bring this beast at around 250-300 whp while keeping it as reliable as possible. Budget isn't much of a factor. I thouht of going turbo but I had many questions:

Which turbo kit would you reccomend and why?
PM Frank @ Powerhouse.. he'll hook you up with a RCC-Turbo kit.. it's what works best, most reliable (from what've read and seen).

Does this kit include an ECU flasher to unlock top speed and rev limiter?
It doesn't include ECU flasher, but you could buy BoostBySmith kit which will give you that.

Do I still need to buy a power commander or does a boost controller do just that?
No need for powerCommander, because everything will be controller by the ECU Flasher (BoostBySmith).

Do I need to get my own air filter or do they supply one?
I'm not sure if you get one with the kit, but you could buy your own if you want something smaller/stealthy look.

Can I have an exhaust that sounds good on my motorcycle that wont alert every cop in the neighborhood everytime I start it up?
You can fix any kind of exhaust you want, it won't be the best option, but it's doable. You might lose power, chock the bike, but that's what you get for different kind of exhausts. RCC has their own exhaust if i'm not mistaken..

Can I and SHOULD I install a blow off valve?
You will defo need one.

What mods should be done internally or to the clutch for everything to run smooth with a turbo?
Your clutch should be fine for that power.. If you're looking to push the engine for more power, you'll need to change the internals. cams, pistons, rods, valves and springs.. A.P.E has good parts for such purpose. Otherwise, i think stock internals can hold up to 250whp no problem, except for the valves probably which you will need to change.

What other kind of mods would you recommend to save considerable weight or increase power?
there isn't much really.. changing the whole fairing to carbon fiber won't save you much.. lighter wheels, battery, maybe that's all i can think of.

I already started with some esthetics basics like a double bubble windscreen, hid lights & a new kickstand.

Any input on braided brake lines with an ABS model?

Is it worth upgrading clutch line to braided?

Don't have enough experience with brake lines, someone else has to chim in.

I'm extremely grateful to everyone who will be helping me out.

Thanks everyone!

Welcome too! :welcome:

Keep us posted on your mods, let us know if we can help!

Don't know of a stainless steel brake line kit available yet for the '13. Had a call from fella today who'd called ever brake company out there, no dice.,

Braided clutch line is mostly aesthetics, unless you are racing - if you get colors - you want them to match. No change in the the clutch line 99-13, so yes, that we have in stock.

Welcome to the forum. Though I can't really answer your questions, there is a section on the forum dedicated to Turbos. I've peered in there a couple of time but know I will get in trouble with the big boss (da wife) if I start considering all that :-) best of luck to ya on your project and keep us posted!

Last edited:
Back