new 1580cc Busa owner

Brando850

Registered
Boy, it's really hard to find anyone that also has a 1580cc Hayabusa, so hopefully I can find answers on a Hayabusa only forum. :please:

Anyways, I was curious on the possibilities of having a street ridden 1580cc bike? All the claims from companies that build big bore kits say that they are for racing only. My buddy built this bike about 6 years ago, and has been nothing but reliable and even has no refresher done..yet. The bike even only has one battery and does well starting the bike, even though it does struggle turning it over. The bike is also not ridden around town on 116 that it was tuned on, but on 92. This thing has to have a big bore because of just how much gas she sucks up. I can probably get 150 miles on a tank around town. The numbers he told me that it put down on race gas is 300 on motor and a little over 400 on the bottle. I just wanted to hear that it can be possible to run a bike like this on the street and not just a track queen. I find it hard for him to lie about this because 1. he told me these numbers long before he even considered selling it. 2. It doesn't sound stock at all. Hopefully I have given enough info on how this could be possible. Thanks a lot.

Brandon

That's a pretty big bore. I've not heard of it but am not a pro.
Be patient the doctors will be here soon.

First, are you positive it is a 1580. It just doesn't sound like it.

If so, it is probably an 84mm bore and 71 mm stroke. That is 8 over on the stroke. Six years ago, it is possibly a welded crank. 300HP, I doubt you would be starting that with one battery.

First, are you positive it is a 1580. It just doesn't sound like it.

If so, it is probably an 84mm bore and 71 mm stroke. That is 8 over on the stroke. Six years ago, it is possibly a welded crank. 300HP, I doubt you would be starting that with one battery.

Definitely know this is what he said it was. He even said he wanted the biggest kit out at the time, which was 1580. Shortly after the purchase, a company released a 1633 kit. It's just hard to think he would make this up with all his other crazy cars he has built. When it comes to rides, for him, it has to be as stupid as possible. Im just trying to figure it if he did anything else to make the bike start, because I have only seen one battery in the bike.

946231_10151749995302354_152312175_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
it would be possible to be a street rider - depending on the compression ratio. Any clues to what that is? Nice looking bike!

I have a dyno we can tell if it's really a 1580 or not...where you located? who built the bike? I know almost every fast busa built over here. We could pull some panels, do some test, take some measurements and see if it has balls or ovaries..:rofl:

I think ud have a better chance of seeing Elvis at Burger king tonite then rolling around on the street with a 1580 without it overheating. I wud also think on 92 octane its an absolute turd. so at $15 a gallon for the bike to run properly on C16 id say its a track bike only.

sharp lookn bike tho.

I have a dyno we can tell if it's really a 1580 or not...where you located? who built the bike? I know almost every fast busa built over here. We could pull some panels, do some test, take some measurements and see if it has balls or ovaries..:rofl:

Im in the Tacoma area. I had an offer from a guy down in Vancouver to do the same thing. He said if my bike made 250, it would be free. I really am curious now.

I think ud have a better chance of seeing Elvis at Burger king tonite then rolling around on the street with a 1580 without it overheating. I wud also think on 92 octane its an absolute turd. so at $15 a gallon for the bike to run properly on C16 id say its a track bike only.

sharp lookn bike tho.

Here's the catch for that. The fans are wired to stay on the whole time, and even on the hottest days up here, it stays right in the middle.

Is that a stock header with slip on dump pipes or just a shorty full system? I can't tell from the picture. The single battery thing is really really hard for me to believe like Jay said. I'd wanna see receipts for the work and find out who actually built the bike. Not saying your friend is a liar, but..... I would hesitant to buy something like that. Any motor that big should have some type of tear down every year or so to inspect wear on internal engine parts.

The swing arm extensions would sketch me out with that kind of power

Nobody in their right mind is going to go through the expense of building the biggest bore Busa out there and then try to run it through the stock headpipes and Roaring Toyz (or Voodoo) slip ons. That right there is your big clue that you are not getting the whole story on this bike . . .:laugh:

Nobody in their right mind is going to go through the expense of building the biggest bore Busa out there and then try to run it through the stock headpipes and Roaring Toyz (or Voodoo) slip ons. That right there is your big clue that you are not getting the whole story on this bike . . .:laugh:

Glad I'm not the only one who saw that

Thanks guys. Good thing I'm doing a payment plan. Ill pull a fairing and look for the spacer plate. If I don't, it's going on the dyno for signs of any kind of motor work.

Thanks guys. Good thing I'm doing a payment plan. Ill pull a fairing and look for the spacer plate. If I don't, it's going on the dyno for signs of any kind of motor work.

I hope you didn't buy that bike already without any kind of proof of what it is. Anybody who spent the kind of money it takes to build that motor would not run that exhaust, or probably that swingarm. Without reciepts, proof of a spacer plate, and a run on the dyno, I wouldn't give him a dime. I would add the reason you are having a problem finding people who have a large stroker motor like that is because of the expense, maintanance, and cost of repair. 1580cc and streetable are not two words you will likely hear often.

Saw that you posted this on Psycho Bike. You gave a little more info on there, but again, those guys know better and they're questioning the build too.

You could also pull the airbox and pull a plug to measure stroke through the sparkplug hole. That would tell you exactly what stroke it has. Stock for that year would be 63mm. You are going to need somewhere around 70mm to have a 1580.

Back