new 06 busa

skyhip

Registered
I just purchased a 06 limited last week, 150miles I noticed a squeaking sound arount the front brakes, but when I hit the brake it stops, took bike in to dealer and they told me it was normal for busas, that the brakes slightly ride the rotors until broken in. said they will adjust if needed at first 500mile service. can anyone give any feed back on this. Thanks

"Normal for busas" has got to be one of the most overused excuses for Busa problems by the dealers.

Having said that I can't hear your problem over the internet.  Does the bike stay outside or garaged?  Wondering if it gets wet overnight and/or hit by the rain.

also, i know u stated 150 miles. did u buy this new?
They'll typically rape you for charges on first 600 mile service. ~$200 for a 15 minute oil change and adjust chain, tighten bolts if even needed..

My '05 did the same thing. I'm not sure if the dealer adjusted mine or if I rode it out, but it did go away eventually.

(Over_Easy @ Sep. 07 2006,00:flamethrowing:) "Normal for busas" has got to be one of the most overused excuses for Busa problems by the dealers.

Having said that I can't hear your problem over the internet.  Does the bike stay outside or garaged?  Wondering if it gets wet overnight and/or hit by the rain.
If his sounds like mine did, its not really a "squeaking" sound. More like a scrubbing sound. As the dealer told skyhip, it was simply the brakes and rotors scrubbing.

OE Busa brakes are spongey to begin with. you have to really get on them before they warm up. Probably just breaking them in and make sure you're not overutilizing the rear brake.

A little scrubbing in of the brakes. Oh yeah, welcome to the board. Pics.

you probably need to just get out on the highway where there's not much traffic and get up to speed and get on the brakes a few good times. get some good heat cycles on them and the rotors and the squeeking should stop. it shouldnt be squeeking though unless you got some rust on the rotors or up in the pad mounts. the normal sound is a scrubbing sound.

I put on brand new galfer rotors, pads, and lines. Did the same thing, you just got to break it in. Get the pads hot a couple of times and you'll notice it go away. A heads up to, you might hear your gas cap whistle, that will be normal as well. As far as the the 500/600 mile service, change your own oil and go through the bike yourself, instead of paying the money on the service take that money and buy your own service manual it's around 60/70 bucks.

rock.gif

Back