New '06 busa (sorry kinda long)

Yort

Donating Member
Registered
Have been lurking on this site since last Oct' but never introduced myself. name is Troy and live in Wichita, Ks.. Originally joined back in'04 when I was looking at buying a busa. But the dealer I went to did not have any in stock but made me a really good deal on a carry over '04 CBR100rr. Enjoyed the bike tremendously but always wish I would have waited for a busa.
Well last weekend of July ,while out on a ride near Junction City, was going around a corner doing 60-65 mph when a dog(or coyote not sure) decide to jump out infront of me. Tried to avoid him but next thing I remeber is my friend digging my legs out from the barb wire fence. Spend a night in hospital then went home. Missed 2 weeks of work(sure glad I spent extra $80 on PIP).
After a month or so started to pass I started looking to find me a busa. Liked the red/black '05 but could not find one near. Then talk of the '06 cran/black surfaced and I feel in love. Picked up the bike last Thursday and the smile has not left my face since.
I have around 500 miles on the bike now and have noticed a few difference coming from a litre bike. The power of the busa is very deceptive. the RR you had ok power low but wasn't til around 7500 rpm it would really kick in where as the busa just pulls the same the whole way. Not til you look at speedo do you realize the speed. OMG I can't say enough about the stock seat compared to the cardboard that comes on the honda. The first thing you notice when you seat on it is the weight but when you get rolling it just seems to disappear. I am no expert rider by a long shot but to me the extra weight just seems to make the bike more stable to me. I actually like the way it feels in the corners then I did the CBR. At 5'8 245 lbs the bike just fits better.
Will try to get pictures posted this coming weekend. Going to head back to Bartlesville,Ok. to get my 600 mile service done Friday. The amount of info that flows through this board is almost overwhelming but educational. Plus the communtiy you guys have build is great even lurking from the shadows.    
xblueman.gif

<!--EDIT|Yort
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131438340 -->

smile.gif
good to hear it Yort, but as you know... Without them pics uh... Well ya know the rules.
wink.gif
and yeah, no reflectors.
cool.gif

I'm still waiting tictoctictoctictoc
laugh.gif
outside in the sunlight with the new cran/black would be good they have no 06 in lubbock at all I have to look at pics.

Welcome to the insanity. Enjoy the Busa for now. The mods will begin soon enough. Just ask about almost anything and someone here can help. Or we will make up a good reply.

David                                                                        
super.gif

Welcome and congrats! Enjoy that feeling and get used to it because it will remain with you for a long time. Pics help us share with you, so get 'em up here!

nice write up! welcome to the org. and congrats on the new ride. that new cran/black color scheme is one of my favorites. nice choice. happy riding
biggrin.gif

ttiwwop.gif

i SEE THEM EVERDAY.... BUT...... RULES ARE RULES!

smile.gif
good to hear it Yort, but as you know... Without them pics uh... Well ya know the rules.
wink.gif
and yeah, no reflectors.
cool.gif
I agree with everything Rev said except.... the reflectors
laugh.gif
I still got the factory stickers and reflectors on my Busa... let's not forget the mudflap, untouched
laugh.gif
... Ok, everyone's invited to bash Busahaya now
guns.gif

laugh.gif

smile.gif
 good to hear it Yort, but as you know...  Without them pics uh... Well ya know the rules.
wink.gif
  and yeah, no reflectors.
cool.gif
I agree with everything Rev said except.... the reflectors
laugh.gif
I still got the factory stickers and reflectors on my Busa... let's not forget the mudflap, untouched
laugh.gif
... Ok, everyone's invited to bash Busahaya now
guns.gif
Busahaya you slacker
tounge.gif

I can't talk to much still got the stock rear fender hanging off of mine No reflectors or stickers though
wink.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif

It's been almost 12 hours and still no pics???
tounge.gif

I sure hope you have been busy removing the necessary evils for the photo shoot!!!
biggrin.gif

j/k Welcome aboard. Great family here.
smile.gif

I feel the same way every time I climb on board. Welcome, and let's see that pic! By the way, my reflectors, rear shovel, and stock exhaust must be worth 5 hp! Maybe -5, but it's all good!

Ok just got home from work and once I finish checking boards will go remove the stickers and maybe reflectors to get some pics tomorrow but no promises :-)

Back