New 04 Hayabusa Owner Soon!

Skowinski

Registered
Hi Guys,

I've been wanting a Hayabusa for at least 10 years. I've finally decided to pull the plug and buy one. Found a 2004 Purple/Black model with only 5,800 miles, and will probably get it this weekend!

Looking forward to learning all about the Busa on this website. :beerchug:

Sko

Welcome to the oRg! Post up some pics when you get her home. Where are you located? :welcome:

when you test ride it get on it hard in 2nd gear. if it jerks like the chain is slippin stay away from it. i just got burnt on a 2007 with low miles. bought it and 2nd gear was bad. cost me another 1K to get the tranny fixed. if he wont let you ride it dont buy it.
my .02

this is my 04 purple/black..
meandbusa-1.jpg

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: 830 miles/ year ???

Love the purple '04, fastest color made that year :whistle:

Thanks for all the welcomes! I can't wait to add this bike to my stable. :drool:

I'll definitely test ride it, but really, I'm not too concerned. It's been owned almost since new by a 60 year old guy who has been riding for 40+ years, an old-time motorcycle nut. He seems very straight up. I think this bike has been treated gently, it's got the original tires on it, which says something about how hard the throttle has been turned (I'm replacing them right away of course).

I'll get some pics up soon!

:thumbsup: very groovy!
:welcome: to the ORG! :cheerleader:
really like the purple, there kinda rare.:thumbsup:

I didn't even know this color scheme existed until this one came up for sale. I like it!

jwest - nice looking example you have there! The previous owner took the "kanji's" on the front fairing sides and the "GSX1300R" decals off the tail section. I think I want to put them back on. Are those decal kits on ebay any good?

I didn't even know this color scheme existed until this one came up for sale. I like it!

jwest - nice looking example you have there! The previous owner took the "kanji's" on the front fairing sides and the "GSX1300R" decals off the tail section. I think I want to put them back on. Are those decal kits on ebay any good?

Order them from tapeworks instead.

It's in the garage! :beerchug: Putting some new tires on it today, probably do an oil and filter change, brake/clutch fluid flush, etc, to establish a "mechanical baseline" with the machine. Going to the DMV here in about 30 minutes to register it! :yes:

Back