Never Let Anyone Else Ride Your Busa

Only 2 people I would let ride the L2 , both are good mates , and would either buy it outright pre-damaged price or fix it , and or give me one of their bikes and cash . Really makes me feel sick just thinking about all this though , not a life lesson you want to learn from . Luckily one has their own Busa and the other just sold his fairly similar set up Busa and won't probably want to ride mine anyway . :thumbsup:

It's madness letting anyone ride your hard earned 'Busa, in saying that, I have let only one good mate ride mine and he is a really experienced GSXR pilot. He also has the resources to fix or replace my bike. (crazy as it sounds, he didn't actually enjoy riding it, he prefers his lighter GSXR1100J but he DID like the engine and the fuel injection response)
I learned by other peoples bad experiences re loaning bikes and cars.
There is only one person that knows your bike through and through and is trusted to ride it safely... and that is YOU!

I have asked my insurance agent many many times - IF I let someone ride my bike with my permission are
they covered (or is my bike covered) and every time the answer has been YES.

With that said I don't want to have to get my bike fixed - and if it's totaled then it's not fixable and
the amount you get for a 14 year old bike with accessories would never be enough to get a new bike,
not to mention all the time involved to make it like it was.

So I choose carefully before letting anyone ride my bike and only a few times has it happened but
everytime I rode there bike too - so it's not like I would say "here go take my bike for a spin" and I'll be
here waiting for you when you get back. I don't think that would work out so good most of the time.

I have asked my insurance agent many many times - IF I let someone ride my bike with my permission are
they covered (or is my bike covered) and every time the answer has been YES.

Well I have been told the same with one important point of clarification. Basically with full coverage you and your bike is covered. If you let someone ride your bike, only your bike is covered. That's important because liability is tied to the rider so if the person riding your bike does not have their own insurance the other party in a crash can come after you as owner of the vehicle. Your insurance company may or may not cover this. It's always good to carry a blanket policy for protection from odd ball law suites like this.

Maybe this is just my policy, or maybe I'm a sucker and they wanted to sell me the blanket policy lol (If you own property a blanket is a good though).

Regardless of what an insurance agent tells someone, if it isn't written in their policy, his word isn't worth a thing. People who don't read their insurance policies are often called litigants.

Well I let a friend of mine ride my 'Busa but he's a wise and experienced one (much more than me) and normally he rides a Ducati S4RS 135 (boosted 150)hps.
So I guess it was fine, and everything went great :) We also swapped bikes when we had CBR600 .

In the end it's a matter of WHO.. indeed you are not gonna lend your 'Busa to a freshy new licensed unless he's your enemy and you want him dead.. :laugh:

For the OP.. sorry for you bro, bad friend, always keep both eyes open, just.. it's so sad he cheated you even on the car.
Get him and break some of his bones, because Hey! It was an accident :) :popcorn:

I've been reflecting on all this a bit lately , I have decided I am not ever lending my bike out . The L2 is my personal , much prized escape machine , and I just wanted to put it out there lads is all , no big deal . :thumbsup:

I've been reflecting on all this a bit lately , I have decided I am not ever lending my bike out . The L2 is my personal , much prized escape machine , and I just wanted to put it out there lads is all , no big deal . :thumbsup:
that's a great decision... only ure tuner should be riding it anyway... and make sure ure tuner isn't working from his mothers garage... pick a reputable place with a nice business.

Odd how every time you went down it was someone else's fault. Not trying to kick you while down but lets be real any time we go down it is our fault. We feel alive and love doing something that not everyone can do. Everyone goes down on a bike at some point but you have to be mentally tough, aware and prepared when you ride. We are responsible for ourselves! Own it be honest things aren't always easy and riders can be at very different riding ablity levels. Luckily there are training courses and track day training available for all levels so don't waste time being defensive or care what anyone else thinks fix it by bosting your confidence, ability and skill on a bike of any size. I will say that is one hell of a jump in bike size and power that no one would advise and learning curves are usually painful/unforgiving on the street so be smart get trained and read every chance you get. Some states even have free training courses paid for by the state so look into it you have no excuse other than pride.

No one has ever ridden my Busa since I have owened it and get upset and uneasy when I have tires changed and the shop test rides it. I can only think of one riding buddy I would even consider letting ride it after all the time, effort and money and the mechanic isn't him.

I would never let anyone remove my BST's to fit tires , let alone ride it to test them out !! I always remove both wheels and run them to a trusted shop for careful tire removal and fitment , but they don't get no ride ! :D

Odd how every time you went down it was someone else's fault. Not trying to kick you while down but lets be real any time we go down it is our fault. We feel alive and love doing something that not everyone can do. Everyone goes down on a bike at some point but you have to be mentally tough, aware and prepared when you ride. We are responsible for ourselves! Own it be honest things aren't always easy and riders can be at very different riding ablity levels. Luckily there are training courses and track day training available for all levels so don't waste time being defensive or care what anyone else thinks fix it by bosting your confidence, ability and skill on a bike of any size. I will say that is one hell of a jump in bike size and power that no one would advise and learning curves are usually painful/unforgiving on the street so be smart get trained and read every chance you get. Some states even have free training courses paid for by the state so look into it you have no excuse other than pride.
I started riding at age 16.... I crashed.... I crashed a lot... the last hard time I went down it was on a 1982 honda cb900f... by hard, I mean I hit a tree... flipped over handlebars... lost my wallet in the woods... bruised the holt hell outta BOTH thighs... had pain for weeks afterword... broke a few fingers, bruised ribs....(I know CBX is reading this with delight) but THAT incident brought things into focus.... I was racing with a mustang on some dirty ass backroads in palmer,MA…. I lost the front end in some sand/gravel... stood it up and ran outta road... I decided that day that im never gonna be Matt Mladin…. but even then I owned the incident.. it is ALWAYS ure own fault.

I let him use my car before he wrecked my busa. I wanted my car back because he wrecked the busa. I have no idea where he is so I can't take him to cort I think he moved to texas.

make a claim....and let the warrant for him to go to court find him.

normally...ide just say forget about it, and chalk up to learning exp. ,but his attitude with pulling fuse on car, he needs to be forced to pay for your hayabusa parts

Mabupa Yea it was a rough start going to the busa but I have since gotten used to it now. The first crashes I had was me not being familiar with the weight and handling the power never gave me a problem cause I respected that power and the power saved me a couple of times being able to get out of the way couldn't do that on the 250 . The others were from cars not paying attention also had close calls for the same reason.

Gotta think I never rode anything bigger than a 250 so there a learning curve to the busa plus my short inseam don't make it easier so I can't always get good footing. Now I'm used to it I do fine no more dropping it or wrecking unless its someone else's fault.

I started on a hayabusa many years ago. 3 bikes last, I came back to the hayabusa again with my recent 2018! Great bike.

I would never let anyone remove my BST's to fit tires , let alone ride it to test them out !! I always remove both wheels and run them to a trusted shop for careful tire removal and fitment , but they don't get no ride ! :D
Good advice Toad I plan on doing the same & ordered the front axel tool so I can take my own wheels off in the future & bring them to the shop; problem solved. Now just need those new stands I have been eyeing.

A Busa is such a great bike, I want to share the experience with everyone. If someone damages my bike, maybe then I'll change my mind.

I keep my bike is top running order before I or anyone rides. The only requirement I have to ride my Busa is a motorcycle endorsement.

Explaining the bike is important. Reminding the rider of counter steering is crucial. I will admit, especially when I ride my cruiser, I don't always counter steer. Letting the rider know that slow maneuvers is where the Busa "shows" its weight is also key for them handling the bike properly.

The bike handle the rest and ALWAYS leaves a smile on the riders face.

Ok pulled the trigger. New front & rear stands are on the way so that I can just remove the wheels myself and bring them in to be changed for now but thinking about tire mounting stand; maybe next year.

Back