Never Know What You'll Find in Nor-Cal

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
Bosshound and I went for a little trek through Nor-Cal today, took a detour off our planned route and Robert found Buell Rd while riding his Buell. Where else but in Cali? :thumbsup:

Was a great day, tons of sunshine, man was it hot. Hwy 36 out of Red Bluff, if you've never riden it do yourself a favor and ride it, what an awesome road.

Didn't stop for many pics today, sorry.

580.jpg

581.jpg

582.jpg

583.jpg

584.jpg

585.jpg

586.jpg

Had a Great Time Gene. 454 Miles. I did not bring my camera so I don't have any PICS. Sorry............

Everywhere We Stopped we Got a Lot of Attention.:thumbsup:

Now Trying to Google BUSA Road in California :laugh:

Hwy 36 out of Red Bluff, if you've never riden it do yourself a favor and ride it, what an awesome road.

Didn't stop for many pics today, sorry.

Here's a couple. :thumbsup: Seeing is believing. :bowdown:

How far in did you guys go?

Img_0913_140sign.jpg

Img_0921_900.jpg

Img_0926-pan.jpg

Img_0924_900.jpg

Img_0931_platina.jpg

Img_0957_platina.jpg

165_6538_Hwy36.jpg

IMG_8623_900.jpg

Hwy36-SFrkMtnSummit_900_2.jpg

Highway36.gif

Img_0913_140sign.jpg

Img_0921_900.jpg

Img_0926-pan.jpg

Img_0924_900.jpg

Img_0931_platina.jpg

Img_0957_platina.jpg

165_6538_Hwy36.jpg

IMG_8623_900.jpg

Hwy36-SFrkMtnSummit_900_2.jpg

Highway36.gif

Tim,
We only went in about 50 miles then decided to go back and take Platina Road to Redding seems it was already getting late plus I wasn't sure how long the planned loop (36 to 3 to 299 to Redding) was gonna take plus we still had the 3 hour ride home on top of the 3 hour ride to get there initally. Platina rd is pretty cool, starts of kinda narrow and goaty but has some amazing scenic views that is if you don't mind riding on a road that feels like it's hangin off the edge of a cliff, just gotta keep your eyes on the road.:thumbsup:

One of these times I'm gonna do it right and get an early start on 36 and run the whole 140 miles to Fortuna, probably make it a 2 day trip staying over in Eureka or Mckinleyville or even up into Oregon. Next day I wanna come back down and ride 299 all the way to Redding. I think that would be an amazing two day trip.

Those twistys with the elevation changes are wild aren't they? And then the rolling hills, just try to keep the front end on the ground :laugh: Ya I blipped the throttle just once, couldn't resist.

Last edited:
I'm not believing that Boss did 454 miles, at least not willingly. What's the rest of the story? Gene, I know you have a trailer........................

I'm not believing that Boss did 454 miles, at least not willingly. What's the rest of the story? Gene, I know you have a trailer........................

I called you that Evening.............No Goat Trails on this Run. Just alot of Friendship and Good Spirits Made 454 Miles not so bad.....

I called you that Evening.............No Goat Trails on this Run. Just alot of Friendship and Good Spirits Made 454 Miles not so bad.....

I had turned off my phone Fridee, I think, was Tuesdee before I realized it was still off. I'm not the most popular kid, so it's not unusual to go a week without the phone ringing.

But, I hear ya, it's easier doing 400+ with Gene than me. What I want to know is, is it the Goat Trails or me? I may be able to become friendlier, but if it's the Goat Trails............................Well it's been nice knowing ya! :moon:

Last edited:
Back